19: The Seals

2nd day part two!

----

Harry has a total of four leisure days before he heads to Nashville to resume his tour. We hadn't yet discussed when he'd be leaving, and I hadn't found a way to ask as well that didn't come out unwelcoming.

"That'd be cool," Brandon says, wonder in his voice. I look at him, already seeing the gears turning in his head. Oh no—I know what this means.

I shift in my seat. "If it's stupid, I want out of it."

"Says Kennedy, in all of your videos," Cory cuts in, a grin on his face, the same time Brandon whines about me not knowing what it is yet.

"Because all your videos are stupid!"

Okay, admittedly, not all, especially the ones that we need to release pent-up aggression and where we compete against each other. What can I say? I'm a pretty competitive person. But most of them—and I do mean most—are pretty damn stupid. I'm pretty sure someone could easily make a list of all the dumb ones.

I catch something moving from the corner of my eye and I jump in surprise, reflexively putting my palm over my chest. "Jesus!" I hear chuckles around me.

Harry's laughing when I turn. "Sorry."

"Hey Kennedy," Brandon calls, munching on his cereal, "you should take Harry to the rink."

I send a glare his way, not believing he'd just suggested that. We engage in a staring game, him completely unaware that he'd just pressed a button.

My mind starts to race. People already know Harry's here, in Maryland. Following my common sense, which Brandon apparently lacks, it wouldn't be smart to be out in public with Harry. Too many eyes would be watching, too many cameras would be clicking, and too many mouths would be talking.

The mere thought of someone snapping a single picture of Harry and me and posting it for everyone to see sends a shiver down my spine. I've never wanted attention—especially not that kind of attention. The only reasons why I started my Youtube channel was one, for self-expression and two, because of an overflowing amount of encouragement from my family and my first few viewers.

I just did what I enjoyed, I didn't expect to blow up to a million subscribers. Same as the concert, I was just enjoying myself then too, it certainly wasn't my intention to be noticed by Harry.

Thinking of Harry brings me back to the present, and I turn to him, ready to shoot the idea down for his and I's sake, but I notice the look on his face. His eyes were bright and dancing, hopeful, even as he tries to mask it. My heart constricts at the thought of letting him down.

I simply couldn't say no, damn it.

"Only if everyone comes too," I say, putting more thought into it as the words tumble out.

It was a fair compromise, wasn't it? If in the instance we were photographed, it would result in a lesser commotion if we were with a group of people as compared to being out just the two of us. We could chalk it up to a group hangout or something similar before fans could dig into it more. Huh, as if there was something to even dig into, I think, inwardly cursing at myself for overthinking, yet again, something as trivial as a trip to the rink.

Brandon fishes out his keys and dangles them around his finger. "Let's go."

I stare at him, incredulous.

Nick notices and his donkey chuckle fills the room. "Yeah, like Kennedy's gonna leave in that," he gestures at my attire. I point to Nick in gratefulness, frowning at Brandon. You'd think he'd have known by now, considering he's my brother. Nick bows.