Q&A

Q&A

SECTION 1: THE BOOK

1. How long did it take to write Flicker?

About a year. I actually DM-ed Kennedy October 20th of last year. That's when I had posted the first chapter. I remember the description of Flicker being a cocky—"Oh you know it." Lol, ew.

2. What struggles have you had with Flicker?

Putting chaotic energy into words, mainly, and making conflicts. It's difficult to make someone mess up when their personalities just get along so well. So I had to pin it on what their reactions would be when threatened with the idea of losing each other. Hence, defense mechanisms surface—sassing for Kennedy, closing up for Harry.

3. Do you have plans of writing a whole new one after it's done? What about a sequel?

I'm open to the idea, but as of now I could say none yet, just 'cause it feels like there's pressure to update like on a scheduled basis—which I am rebelling against :D However, I may have considered a Cory x Kennedy spin-off, but I don't want to make things uncomfortable between them in real life (if it ever reaches them). It's a totally different thing to write about a celebrity x fan, and two real-life friends.

4. What will be the fans reactions to the radio show?

Stan Twitter and Tumblr are amazing at finding proof, so I'm expecting they will be looking for loopholes—I just know it. Maybe even cite some instances of the possibility of it being a PR stunt for HS3. A few would be angry as f. A good amount I think would be respecting it.

5. What does Cory think about it?

Basing off of Cory's character, he'd be pretty chill about it. He just seems like the kind of guy that respects everyone and their choices, you know? And I think he's not going to continue to pine over K if he sees that she's actually really happy with H.

6. Would Harry do videos with her?

Like portrayed in the book, Harry's pretty big on privacy. The radio show might be the only time he reveals anything about him and K. They continue going on dates (not necessarily outdoors), maybe spending the holidays in a private and secluded vacation house, going on coffee runs, or shopping for gifts and/or cat stuff. :)

SECTION 2: THE AUTHOR

1. What gave you the idea of writing a Kennedy Walsh x Harry Styles fanfic?

Was watching Kennedy's videos at the time, and I actually thought I'd love to read a fic about her and Harry, so I went here and searched it up. Nothing came up (I wasn't aware of the story She | Harry Styles AU by watermellasugar that had Kennedy as the female lead). Hence, I thought if there isn't one, then I'd write one.

2. What do you love about Flicker?

First of all, the readers. It's fun to see readers who comment on every single chapter, and it's kind of like reading along with them. Love it. Second, the smart/cheeky dialogues. It keeps my brain ticking. Plus, I adore the Walsh siblings. They're my main source of entertainment during quarantine, so it was definitely fun.

3. What do you hate about Flicker?

The first few chapters. Lol. I'm not kidding, I've rewritten that shit a couple times (even considered merging a few of them) but never got around to it. I edited a couple dialogues, but it just never does the trick. I feel like unless a reader knew about the Walshes, they wouldn't really venture past the first few chapters.

4. What other books are you planning to write?

I'm actually in the process of writing a Larry Stylinson fanfic (yes, I am a larrie), and want to focus on it a bit more. 

5. What would you do if Kennedy noticed this book?

D-word, probably. Hahahaha. No, I think I'd flip out. I'd love to know what she thought of the scenes though; if they were cringey or something that she would actually do/say.

----

There you have it!

Will never get tired of extending  my gratitude to all my readers—for the patience (because there were times I would not update for weeks on end), for the love (votes and comments, man), and for the safe space you guys have created here. 

This has been a hell of a rollercoaster, and I'm glad I got to spend it with all of you.

Flicker 》 Harry Styles x Kennedy Walsh [Completed]

yours truly, howtheuniverseworks_