chapter 5

Harry's been growing his hair out. When you met him, it was short and barely touched his ears. Now his curls touch his collar bone. It's fun to pull when he goes down on you.

Christmas is approaching and it'll be the first time you spend it with Harry. He's given you permission to spend a few days with family, but just like him, you tend to not speak to them anymore.

Harry's had a tree set up in the library in your part of the house. Every day, one more present is added to the pile. He jokes that he's doing the 12 days of Christmas because if he did the whole month, he'd go broke. As if.

He's told you thousands of times that he doesn't want a present from you, but you have a surprise that will blow his mind.

It's finally Christmas day. Harry wakes you up bright and early to enjoy a holiday breakfast together. Two fluffy pancakes, blueberries on top of banana slices to look like eyes, a single strawberry, and antlers made of turkey bacon all arranged to look like Rudolph. Harry gave June the week off for the holidays, so he cooked and designed it all by himself.

Your arrangement started in January, so you've lived here for almost a year. It seems as if once a month, Harry somehow manages to reach into your heart and turn a knob that controls your feelings just a little bit higher. The number of nights you've laid away in thought have increased. You haven't had a yacht weekend since the time in July.

Harry has started feeling tingly around you, but he'll never admit it. He refuses to let people into his personal life, even you. The small tidbits of history he's let slip are the only advantage you have over everyone else. That and the red room. He hasn't felt this way in years, but he refuses to let it ruin him again.

"Happy holidays, baby. You excited for your presents?" You nod and smile, watching him scarf down a whole strawberry. You never thought that your first time spending a holiday with someone would be like this. You imagined being madly in love, slow dancing in front of fireplace with Frank Sinatra playing. Homemade cookies that turn out looking like random blobs rather than trees. One big present and a thousand kisses. And so much love.

Classical festive songs float through the library as you and Harry plop down in front of the tree. In the spirit of the holiday, he's decided to wear a silk red suit, open to show his bare torso. Twelve neatly wrapped presents sit under the tree just for you. Harry gets too excited to wait any longer and starts handing them to you.

Present 1: A gold and black metallic leather minidress from Gucci. He likes to get you clothes from other designers sometimes. Especially for presents. He figures that you get enough of him already, might as well expand your wardrobe outside of his designs.

Present 2: Another Gucci present. Flashtrek sneakers with removable crystals.

Present 3: Baby blue platform sandals from Gucci.

Before opening the next present, you smirk up at him and joke, "let me guess, more Gucci?"

"Buzz off, keep going," he laughs and pushes the present closer to you.

Present 4: A black A-Line wrap skirt from Louis Vuitton.

Present 5: Two elastic bracelets from Balenciaga, one silver and pink, the other gold and black.

Present 6: Rose gold curve cat sunglasses from Balenciaga.

Present 7: A tambour monogram 39.5 watch from Louis Vuitton.

The presents start to pile up around you, making you wonder just much money Harry has spent on you.

Present 8: A beige AERIN Beauvais leather jewelry box. It's simple, but beautiful enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Present 9: A 26 carat platinum princess cut diamond tennis bracelet. The sheer beauty of it causes the tears to finally spill out.

"Harry... this is way too much. You really shouldn't have." Your bury your face in your hands, which causes Harry to scoot closer to you.

"I told you I would take care of you. Only the best for you, Kitten." He brushes the hair from your face before pulling you to sit between his legs, your back leaning into him. "These last three go together."

Present 10: An off-white silk Gilda & Pearl mia wrap robe with feathers surrounding the cuffs of the sleeves. You already have a specific robe that matches his to wear around the house, maybe he wants to change things up.

Present 11: Black Gucci rubber slides. You have plenty of sandals and slippers already. These also aren't typically the shoes he likes you to wear around the house.

Present 12: A black Arco 75 tote from Bottega Veneta.

Harry tells you to look inside and make sure the bag is spacious enough. You give him a confused look and hesitantly open it up. Your jaw drops open when you find reservations for a private weekend at a Korean spa.

"It's only for you. I have to go do business in Milan after New Years for a weekend and I want you to go get pampered while I'm gone." He brushes his lips against your neck while he speaks, punctuating his sentences with soft kisses.

Your turn your head and capture his lips. "Wait here, I have a surprise," you whisper against his mouth, planting one more quick kiss before you practically run to your room. You pull out a shoebox from under your bed and drop it into Harry's lap when you get back to the library.

"What is this? Is it shoes you don't like? I'll you a new pair baby I'm s-"

"No no no, just open it."

Harry peels off the top of the box snaps his head back up to you when he sees what's inside. A copy of The Complete Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe from the Easton Press. Poe is Harry's favorite writer, something you learned one morning when he was reading at breakfast. You realized the depth of his adoration after you spent a whole day in the library a couple months back. Harry filled your library with books he'd already read, you noticed that anything related to Edgar Allan Poe was worn out more than everything else.

"I told you I didn't need a gift, baby. You're already a gift." His words are cheesy, but his face is serious. Maybe you made a mistake with the book.

"I just remember you mentioning you were a fan, I'm sorry." Harry moves the box and jumps at you, pinning you against the rug below you. He kisses you with so much passion and you feel his tears drip onto your cheeks.

"I love it," he kisses your forehead, "it's perfect," kisses your nose, "thank you so much," and kisses both of your cheeks and back to your mouth. You've never seen Harry cry. You don't see much emotion from him, honestly. His crying is enough for you to realize just how much your present means to him. He breaks the kiss and buries his face in your neck, pulling your body impossibly close with a tight grip.

"You're such a dream. Nobody has bought me a gift in years." Without hesitation, Harry jumps up and lifts you bridal style. In a matter of seconds, he's throwing you onto the bed in the red room and ripping your clothes off.

Clothes scatter along the floor, hot breath and moans fill the room. No restraints, no toys, just you and Harry. His hips fuck into you deep and fast. You bite his bottom lip when he moans, which only causes him to thrust harder.

"Fuck, I love you," you accidentally moan out. Harry stops and looks at you with furrowed brows, his hair falling down and swirling around his sweaty face.

"What did you say?"

"Fuck, I love this. Keep going please," you try to play off your slip as smooth as possible. Harry's dimple dips into his cheek with a smirk and he starts thrusting again. His head dips back down to your neck to suck a new bruise just above your collarbone.

Once your climax hits and you clench, Harry follows right behind you. His tired body drops completely on top of you, still inside.

"Best Christmas ever. Happy holidays, baby."