chapter 16

Extase.

The French word for ecstasy.

A word known as an emotion and a drug. One could compare that to love, in a sense. Well, love with Harry, to be specific. Waking up next to his lovely face every morning gives you so many subtle euphoric senses. The first sip of water after interrupted sleep. That feeling when you finally find the perfect shower temperature. The first bite of your favorite meal. Climbing into freshly cleaned sheets after a long day. Harry is comfort. Warm, familiar comfort that envelops every fiber in your body.

It's unusually warm for March when you're trying on dresses. Jessie is with you to give her opinions, accompanied by Harry's security guards of course. Since Harry can't see the dress, he's not allowed to design and make it for you. Thankfully, Harry has a junior designer in his company that he trusts. You're currently standing in Harry's design room. All of Harry's designs and fabrics are put away, giving you an open space for several mirrors, racks of dresses, and a fairly sized room divider for you to change behind. Some of Harry's assistants and interns are helping you switch out dresses and zipping you up.

The spaghetti strap mermaid wedding gown hugs at your hips comfortably. You walk out to show Jessie and frown when she squints.

"I know you're not necessarily family oriented, but that breast line might bruise your tits, hun." She comments, prompting you to turn and face the section of mirrors.

She's right. You thought you felt a bit of a breeze, but it looks like your breasts are trying to escape the dress. You'd feel a lot more comfortable if you had better coverage.

"Why don't you just get Harry to design a dress for you? He knows you better than anyone." Jessie pipes up as you walk back behind the divider. Harry's assistants rush to help you undress and slip on a new dress.

"I want it to be a surprise. These dresses are all beautiful, I just don't think I've found the one." Your voice grows louder in Jessie's ears as you step into view with the next dress. A simple sheath dress with Swarovski crystals lining the high waistline.

"Makes your hips look a little wide, in my opinion." Jessie comments.

"Thanks, Jess. Real confidence booster right there." Your eyes roll so hard it gives you a headache.

"Just saying, babes. You told me to be brutally honest. I'm helping you find your dress."

You sigh and turn to the rack of dresses, spying a zipped pink dress cover that catches your attention. You grab it quickly and take it back to the rack behind the divider.

When you step out in the new dress, it feels right. Perfect, actually. It's not itchy, soft like an angel's hair, comfortably tighter in certain places to hug your body just right. It highlights all your features in the most flattering way possible.

It's an A-line dress with mixes of light ivory and champagne leading into very thin sheer sleeves. A soft silk slip covers your legs under an array of sheer skirts, stacked to add bulk to the dress. The thick material of the silhouette and bodice are covered in gorgeous lace designs. Another layer of sheer blends with the material to bring the lace designs down over the skirt subtly.  The sleeves start from the dip in the chest and curls over your breasts, twirling up your shoulders and down the length of your arms. Patches of lace in designs of vines, dots, wildflowers, etc. cover the practically invisible sheer of the sleeves. The material stops about two to three inches from your wrists. This is it. This is your dress.

"I can see it in your face. I agree." Jessie is stood a foot away from you, mouth agape as she meets your eyes in the reflection of the mirror.

"I love it. Wow, I love it. I want this one." Everyone in the room is in awe at how you look. It makes you even more excited to see Harry's face on the big day.