chapter 15

It's your second Christmas with Harry. Time flies by when you're in love. Once January starts, it'll mark two years that you've known Harry. About a year that you've been admittedly in love. Harry is everything you want and more than you need. You love him and he loves you. He's even recently released a line a lingerie called Lierre.

The French word for Ivy.

Like always, you got the original, one-of-a-kind design. However, it didn't stay on your body long once Harry saw it on you. You like to wear it a lot now. The ombré shades of forrest to pale green covered in black lace patterns complement your body in the most perfect way. One of his Christmas presents is three different polaroid pictures of you in that set.

Since you couldn't spend a lot of money without alarming Harry and ruining the surprise, his other present is a scrapbook you made. The pages are documented with pictures from special dates, trips abroad, and quotes from books and movies that you both love.

When you give it to him, he has to pause halfway through to hug you and cry. He peppers your face in kisses before finishing the book. The polaroids pull a gasp from his soft lips. He lightly chuckles and tucks them into his wallet while mumbling, "naughty girl."

You giggle and start opening the presents he got for you. You made him promise to go easy on the presents this year, the 12 days of Christmas was something you want to leave in the past. You told him that two presents was enough.

He didn't listen. He didn't go crazy, but he still got you a lot. The box opened up to a gold courchevel Birkin handbag. Inside the bag was an envelope with a printed out confirmation email for couples dance lessons. You've never discussed wanting to learn how to dance with Harry, maybe it's something he just decided he wants to do with you. Along with the lessons were reservations for you to get your nails done, a house call massage, and eyelash extensions.

The second box you open shocks you. It's filled to the brim with white roses. You give Harry a confused look, but he motions for you to dig through it.

"There's something at the bottom, you gotta find it." He grins, cheeks poking into his dimples.

You giggle and turn back to the box, putting your full attention it on finding what he put under the roses. Your hand touches something that feels like an envelope and you pull it out quickly.

'Don't look at me. Read the whole thing without stopping, I want to watch your reaction. Merry Christmas, baby. x H'

Harry's handwriting scribbles across the front of the envelope. You open it up and find a folded letter. The words scribbled across the page take your breath away.

My sweet Ivy,
You are my forever. My everything. My reason for everything. You have changed my life in more ways than you'll ever know. Before I met you, I was going through life in a day to day cycle. I was a bachelor who only knew how to love my career. You have taught me what real love is like. Like a burning bliss cycling through my veins, I always crave more, but only from you. My Ivy. My Kitten. My baby. Love of my life. I want to grow old with you and raise lots of children and dogs. Give you the best life. Everything you want and more. I love you forever, my love. x H

P.S. Turn around.

You take a deep breath to hold back your tears and turn around. The sight immediately breaks the barrier and soaks your cheeks with several tears. Harry is sat before you on one knee. His eyes are glistening, filled with tears of nervousness and fear. His shaky hands hold a small black velvet box with a 3ct Round Pavé engagement ring. It shines brightly, reflecting the string of twinkling lights on the tree.