●•°•●sixth●•°•●

my mom stares for a second, and sighs. she takes the keys out of the car and puts her hand on the car door.

"you ok?" i ask for her well being.

"yea, yea i'm good." she looks at the wood house. i open my door, to signal my mom should do the same. i see clay getting out of the back seat, my mom is the last to get out.

i move along my mom, and we walk to the front door. i look to clay, and see him walking close to me. that's cute.

she knocks on the door and stands stiff. the door doesn't move for a couple of seconds, but when the door unlocks, i feel anxiety rush all around me. i've never met the person before, what if he's a bad person now? the door opens to a tall guy. his clothes could use some fashion, and so could his house, but we're not paying attention to that.

"talia?" the guy called to my mom.

"jonas?" she has tears in the brims of her eyes, but i can't see them once jonas takes her in a hug. when jonas sees me and clay looking at them, he backs away from the hug.

"is this my niece and nephew, y/n and clay?" he smiled. i blush at his words. the only way clay could be his nephew is if we marry. what if we make it that long?

"actually, my daughter and her boyfriend." my mom corrected.

"well hello," he smiles and shakes both of our hands, me and clay greet him with a pearly white smile.

"ahh, well come in! do you guys want anything to drink?"

"i'm ok," my mom says, she looks to me and clay to hear our answers.

"i'm ok too," clay says, which leaves me.

"water?" i ask.

"yes of course," he gets a cup and fills it with water. we all take a seat on the couch, that's surprisingly really comfortable, seeing the rest of the house is really old. we look around the house from the couch, it doesn't look as bad as the outside of it. he comes back with a cup filled with cold water and hands it to me.

"thank you," i use my manners.

"mhm," he says cheerfully. "so, what's been happening? you guys live in florida, my niece has a boyfriend, what else?" i look at clay when he mentioned him and i. he locks eyes with me and smiles, which i return the gesture. "when did you two first meet?"

i think of the memory i first saw him. the first time he talked, it was so gentle and smooth.

"two years ago, at my work, he wanted coffee," i smile at how cheesy it sounds. clay chuckles.

"oh," jonas smiles, "that's fun," he laughs, "what about college, you studying anything?"

"we both dropped out of college," i smile nervously. he nods his head. he turns to my mom and starts asking questions. i stopped listening because it got boring, i already knew these things. my mind drifts off to that time travel thing. how?

has this ever happened to someone, or is it just us?  how is time travel even possible? why is it possible? the more i think, the more i get stressed. i feel clay's hand slither into mine, he could tell i was stressing. i tighten my hand in his, the feeling of loneliness washing away.