●•°•●eighth●•°•●

"i already know what you want," i say when his mouth opens. he smiles and walks up to the counter anyway, since no one's in line. i start making his coffee as fast as possible so we have more time to talk on his lunch break.

"wow, you can slow down you know," he comments on my fast pace.

"eh,"

"seriously don't rush," he kinda chuckles.

"but i want to talk to you before you have to go back to your job."

"y/n, i quit," my head snapped up from the cup in my head. i mean, it was expected, i've been wanting him to leave for a long time. it was a really shitty job, the co-workers didn't do anything, and the boss was a stupid rat.

"finally," i mumble, and i get an idea, "what if you work here?" a smile grows as hope grows.

"ouuu, yesss," his hands tap on the counter.

"yesss," i copy his girly voice and continue making his coffee. "go ask the boss now, i'm sure she won't mind you going to her office right now, she's really nice, you'll definitely get the job." i bend over the counter and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. i go back to making the coffee, when clay's hand grabs my chin and brings me in a lip to lip kiss. i stopped everything and enjoyed his company. when he broke it off i lightly laughed, and finished his coffee. "actually do you want me to give her a heads up?" he nods while i give him his coffee. i say a quick "i'll be back," and go to her office.

i'm not worried about anyone coming in, it's a really small place, and there's one other co-worker here. i open the door to my boss's office. she takes her eyes off the computer she was typing on, and has a smile.

"hey! what's going on? i was just ordering new supplies, then i was gonna leave," she greets.

"oh well, my boyfriend quit his job today, it was really bad." she makes a face, "yea, but he's here right now, and wondering if he could work here?"

"oh of course! is he fine with having an interview tomorrow?"

"i'm sure that's fine," i smile. i mean what's he doing tomorrow, he doesn't have a job.

"alrighty! i'm just about done with this so imma leave soon," her eyes go back to her computer.

"ok, drive safe," i smile before opening the door to leave.

"i will!" i exit and go back to the counter. i see clay leaning on the counter while sipping on his coffee. he locks eyes with me and stands up straight.

"she said you can have an interview tomorrow,"

"oUUuu," he says, then sips on his coffee once more. i look around the shop, there's only four people here. i go around the counter and walk to a table. clay waddles over like a child and takes a seat. "i have news."

"more news?" i say since he already said he quit his job. he smiles.

"so, george and nick want to meet up," my eyes widen. that's awesome.

"they don't even know what you look like, do they?" he shakes his head. "well, when?"

"in two weeks, we're just gonna spend the night at nick's house and mess around." he informs.

"niiiice," i drag.

"mhmmm," he smiles and looks out the window behind me.

"tell them i said hi,"

"i will," after he says the words, i hear the door open, and i have take care of a costumer.

"gotta take care of that." i get up.

"wait," he says when i'm walking. i turn to him and he uses his hands to tell me to come over. when i get there, he lands a small kiss on my lips. i give one back and walk to the desk to make the order.