●•°•●sixteenth●•°•●

"i'm gonna miss you guys," i say hugging george.

"i'm gonna miss you too" george says as we break the hug. i go to nick after him and clay separates their hug.

"thank you for letting us stay at your house, nick!" i say in the hug.

"yea! come by any time ok?" we separate and i smile, going to clay's side.

"flight 202 to florida boarding now." the intercom lady said.

"welp, that's our flight," clay said. "byeee,"

"byeee!" i waved as me and clay started walking to the plane.

"bye! see you when i see you!" nick chimed.

"bye guys, talk to you in a bit!" george smiled.

me and clay walked side by side, our suitcases following behind our feet, and got on the plane. this time, clay raced me to the window seat, so i let him have it. i don't mind really. it's cute when he's childish.

i wasn't really tired, and it's a four hour flight, so i should mess around with clay or go on my phone.

i decided to play with clay's hands, drawing invisible lines, and holding his hand.

two hours pass with me talking to clay or just playing stupid games on my phone.

i got bored so i tried to get some rest, which i tried for 30 minutes, but didn't work. so my mind drifted off to... you know. i tried to think of all the different reasons to why it would happen. why us. why it's possible. i know it's not fake, i'm not dreaming, or in a different universe. i just don't know why it's possible. i look at the window and see land.

once we land, we get off, get our suit cases and walk to the car that's been in the parking lot for two days. we talk about anything and everything while we drive back to the house. and then it hits me. everytime it's happened, we've been far away from eachother. but how far?

when me and my mom were going to see my uncle, i was asleep when it happened. so i can't clarify. clay was on the plane when it happened. so how far can we go until we can't reach?

a state? it has to be a state, it's not a specific amount of feet, or yards, or kilometers, because when clay was on the plane, it was a different distance to when i went to my uncle's. it has to be a state. it has to be.

"clay?" i keep my eyes locked in place.

"yes?" he looks at me with worry, seeing that i've become serious.

"i think i figured it out. we have to test it."

"wait what?" i looked at him to see him looking intensely into my eyes.

"eyes on the road!" i scream. i wait until he looks back to the road before i continue. "it's a distance, of how far we can be away from eachother."

"how do you know?"

"everytime it's happened, we had just past the boarder to another state." he stays silent.

"i mean, that's one possibility. this came out of nowhere, it could be an answer we wouldn't be able to comprehend."

"i know, i know- but we have to try it. the boarder isn't that far away, like 45 minutes! drop me off at home and cross the boarder. if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. but we have to try it." he stays silent once more.

"ok," his voice is smooth and quiet. i get taken aback by his bluntness. i didn't think he'd agree that easily.

"yea?" i ask just to be sure.

"yea," he looks at me and weakly smiles. a smile slowly grows on my face as well as hope that i'd figured it out. he looks back at the road and i give him a peck on the cheek. this might be the answer.