●•°•●seventeenth●•°•● || end ||

i'm sitting on the couch, phone in hand, ready for clay to call me to say he's about to pass the boarder. i haven't been doing anything else. i haven't had a snack, haven't gotten off the couch, haven't even done anything on my phone.

the phone vibrates in my hand and i don't hesitate to answer it. patches' ears perking up and the sound of clay's voice.

"hey," i say.

"hey, i'm just about to pass the-" he gets cut off. by silence. and i'm walking. down the hallway. i figured it out. i solved it.

"you going to see that boy?" my mom's voice echos. a smile forms on my lips, and my mom waits for my answer. but i don't give one in time before i get a call from clay.

"go to my house," was all he said, and hung up. my smile grows, and grows.

"excuse me? did he just tell you to go to his house? what are you guys gonna be doing. you better not be-"

"no! no that's not what's gonna happen." i laugh at her. "i'll tell you when i get back." i leave with a smile on my face. i hop into the car and drive to him. eager to get there.

once i get there, he's already out of the house, running over to me. we meet half way, and we engulf eachother with a hug. a laughing hug.

"we did it," i whisper as we hold eachother.

"we're handcuffed together," his smile is wide. "the universe doesn't want us apart. we're handcuffed together!" he holds my face. "i love you." he smiles, and looks in my eyes. i hold onto his hands, a huge smile displayed.

"i love you too," i smile back.

he lets out one last laugh and kisses me. all the stress, all the fear, everything, is washed away from this kiss.