The Cricket Game

The next morning, Emma informed me that there was going to be a welcome home party for us at Granny's this evening so I had gone to help her with the preparations. Firstly, we had to do a little bit of shopping to get the ingredients to make some killer tacos.

After purchasing everything, Emma, Henry and I returned to their apartment to actually make the tacos. But the thing is, we had not expected to see what we saw when we entered.

"Hey. Guess what. Taco shells were on sale," Henry announced, as we walked in.

"Yeah. According to Tash, tacos were not a big item in the enchanted--" Emma abruptly stopped, as we saw Mary Margaret and David laying in bed together, naked.

"What are you guys still doing in bed? It's the middle of the afternoon," Henry told them, looking confused.

Emma, on the other hand, looked absolutely mortified. I headed straight over to the kitchen to try and contain my laughter.

"The trip back was tiring, and I needed to rest," Mary Margaret said sheepishly.

"And I needed to... help her rest," David managed to sort of save himself.

"Oh. But I don't see Tasha or my Mom having any help resting," Henry pointed out, causing my eyes to widen.

"It's cause neither of us are tired?" Emma tried to persuade him.

"Uh, Henry. Want to help with the tacos?" I asked, trying to get him away from the loved up couple. "We have to make a lot because there's gonna be a ton of people at Granny's welcome back party tonight."

Henry came over and helped me unpack the bags and I glanced over at Emma, who was clearly trying to scold her parents but was a little too traumatised to say much.

"I'll be back in a second, kid," I said to Henry, before heading over to give Emma a hand. "I think what Emma is trying to say is next time send a text, or put a sock or a tie on the door."

Mary Margaret and David just laughed at us so I gave Emma a pat on the shoulder and a small smile.

"You know what? I-I'm...gonna go make some tacos," Emma stuttered, before walking over to the kitchen.

I gave Mary Margaret a knowing look then followed Emma to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, I returned home and got changed into an outfit for the party.

Once I'd chosen the outfit, I left my house and went to Granny's. When I arrived, the party was already started.

"Hey!! There she is!!" They all cheered. By all I mean, David, Mary Margaret, Emma, Henry, Archie, Ruby, Granny and the dwarves. We'd chosen to keep it a fairly small gathering and it was no surprise that my Father had turned down the invitation.

Ruby came over and gave me a tight hug.

"I wasn't worried a bit," She told me.

"I can tell," I replied sarcastically.

Leroy came and handed me a glass of champagne, giving me a smile at the same time.

"Thank you, Leroy," I smiled back.

"No problem, sister," He answered.

David then began to clink his drink to get everyone's attention.

"I just wanted to, uh, thank you all for joining us tonight. Mary Margaret and I-- we have a saying--that we will always find each other, and while I believe that with all of my heart, I'd like you all to raise your glasses and join me when I say, here's to not having to look for a while," David announced. "To Mary Margaret, Emma and Tasha."