01 ✦ Recruited

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Are you single?

No, I'm plural.

I meant, are you free this Friday?

No, I'm fucking expensive.

YOU COULDN'T BE IN TROUBLE, that guess would be close to impossible knowing that you didn't have the guts to disobey a teacher, and you were keen not to start any fights or build up some drama since the beginning of high school. So, why the hell were you sitting opposite your school principal on a weekend with your mom?

Your principal has been scrolling through who knows what on his computer for the past five minutes, a stern look etched onto his grown features. The only actual movements that proved he knew the two of you were a slight bow he did with his head when you two walked in.

That unexpected silence only gave room for the confused looks you and your mom shared, not understanding what was going on. Oh, how you wanted just to get up and leave, but you couldn't.

You stared down at your thumb, anxiously picking at the skin. Running through your mind was pretty much your whole high school year, trying to pick out what might have been a mistake you've made. There wasn't another reason as to why you were there.

You remembered that time you were caught chewing gum in class, but after the teacher scolded you, you never dared to come to school with the chewy goodness again. Ok, and maybe you talked with your deskmate during class once or twice, but as far as you knew, that wasn't a reason to call over your mom.

Nudging you in the arm, you felt your mom signal your attention back to your principal. Straightening your back and fixing your posture, you looked back up at him, noticing that he did the same and finally tore his eyes away from his screen.

On top of his desk were a file of papers. He shuffled through the bunch, eyeing each one carefully before plucking a specific red-colored file and placing it down gently. Pushing his glasses further up his nose, he shifted the file to face us, waiting for us to open it.

Gently, your mother picked up the file, opening it carefully and revealing what was kept inside of it. Big, bold letters filed the top part of the paper, your eyes widening when you read what it had to show.

"The UA Sports Festival, an annual event held by where students from all grades and courses have the opportunity to showcase their abilities in different competitions to be scouted by and support agencies. I'm sure you two watched it live the other day. " He began, stating the obvious.