𝙑𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

Before I knew it I was getting shaken awake by who I'm guessing, Madelyn.

I slowly open my eyes and see Madelyn shaking me awake.

"What?" I ask disoriented.

"We have 30 minutes left, it's 8:30. Don't worry I already texted your mom." Madelyn said.

I look out of Madelyn's window and see New York City in the distance. I grab my phone and see that it is on 15%. Shit. I quickly text my aunt, telling her, that we are almost there. She shot me back an "Okay, I'm leaving right now," since the JFK airport is 45 minutes from her house.

I eat some of my goldfish and watch an episode of The Vampire Diaries on Netflix. I gave Madelyn my other AirPod so we can watch it together.

By the time the episode finished the seatbelt sign came on, Madelyn and I buckled up and we kept on watching another episode. We started having turbulence and Madelyn got scared so she decided to wrap her arms around my neck.

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing?!" I exclaim making people on the plane stare at us.

"I don't wanna die!" She gave back the same energy, making even more people look at us.

"You're crazy my guy." I said, shoving her off of me.

We both stare at each other for a while then start bursting out of laughter. The plane finally landed and we waited for everyone to leave to we can be the last ones out. We grabbed our small suitcases from the compartment above us, then we started to walk off the plane.

I texted my mom that we are off the plane and that Jess is going to pick us up right now. After I sent the text, My aunt texted my that she is outside the airport.

Me and Madelyn made our way to the outside of the airport, I spotted my aunt car and started walking to it. My aunt jumped out of the car and ran up to me, embracing into a hug.

"This is Madelyn, my best friend." I said pulling away from the hug.

"Nice to meet you Madelyn, you can call my Jessica or Jess, it really doesn't matter." My aunt said, shaking Madelyn's hand.

"Thank you, nice to meet you too." Madelyn replied back.

———————————

As we are driving to my aunts apartment, we started to catch up on a lot of things, even Madelyn joined into the conversation.

"Did I tell you guys about our new neighbors?" My aunt said.

"No, but do proceed to tell." Madelyn said from the back seat.

"They are super nice, it this lady and her nephew, May and peter, me and May are like best friends. Veronica, I think Peter is the same age as you, you guys can hang out, I'll invite them to dinner tonight." Jessica suggest.

"That sounds nice, what about you Mads?" I asked the girl in the backseat.

"Perfect, remind me to FaceTime Alejandro when we get there, you know I miss him." Madelyn said.

"Of course I will." I replied back. Alejandro is Madelyn's boyfriend of 8 months, I don't usually 3rd wheel with them, but he's the homie so even if I do, it's like we are all friends. Their relationship is super healthy and I think they are soulmates, just saying.

"Who's Alejandro?" My aunt asks.

"Alejandro is Madelyn's boyfriend, of 8 months." I replied back.

"Still haven't found that someone yet Ronni?" Jessica asks again.

"Not yet. I will soon, I can almost feel it." I joked and started to giggle.

———————————

We pulled up to my aunts apartment and I can almost see Madelyn's face of awe from the big city.

We get out of the car and get our suitcases out of her trunk. Then we make our way inside.

As we are walking inside, a lady comes out, almost colliding with us.

"Woah- oh hey Jess, is this your niece?" The very beautiful woman asked.

"Yes, Veronica, Madelyn, this is may, and this is my niece, Veronica and her best friend, Madelyn." My aunt replies to May, introducing me and Madelyn.

"Oh nice to meet you two," May said, shaking our hands.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out and have dinner together?" Jess asked.

"That would be amazing, I'll make sure to tell Peter, he'll love to meet you guys, I'll see you at 6." May said and walks off.

"Wow she was really nice." Madelyn said as we are walking up to my aunts apartment.

"Is Lily home?" I ask my Aunt.

"Not yet, she's out with some friends, but she'll be here for dinner." My aunt replies.

"Who's lily?" Madelyn whispers to me.

"My cousin." I whisper back, receiving an "ohh" back from her.