𝙑𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙖'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I wake up in the morning feeling as fresh as ever. I jump up and run to the bathroom. I decide to put my wavy black hair into two French braids. I brush my teeth and do my skin care routine for the morning.

My outfit for the day will be a white champion hoodie with blue washed jeans, and white old skool vans. I go and see what Mads is doing in the bathroom. And of course, she's FaceTiming Alejandro, while curling her hair. She is going to heat damage her hair since she straightens and curls it so much.

I grab my phone and my air pods, and shove them down my pockets. I look at the time and see that it's 9:53. Peter said he was gonna come at 10 so we have time.

I go to the kitchen and put bread into the toaster and set the time. After it dings, I take it out and put some jams onto both pieces of the bread. I give one piece to Madelyn and eat one myself.

I hear the doorbell ring as soon as we finish our breakfast. I open the door and I see Peter's cute smile and a kid behind him.

"Hi." Peter said.

"Hey." I replied smiling like a dork.

"Oh-yeah, this is my friend Ned." Peter introduces Ned to me and Mads.

"Nice to meet you Ned, I'm Veronica but you can call me ronni." I smile.

"Like the Archie comics?" Ned asked.

"Y-yeah I guess so." I replied kinda confused.

"Hiya Ned I'm Madelyn. But you can call me Mads or Maddie." Madelyn said.

"Okay, so you guys ready to go?" Peter said, trying to avoid the awkwardness during introducings.

"Yeah cmon." I step out of the door way into the hall.

——————————
·.·'¯'·.· Lunch ·.·'¯'·.·

"So what do you guys wanna eat?" I ask the group.

"OH, I got this perfect place, it's called delmars, the BEST sandwiches in Queens." Peter happily said.

"Can't wait to try it." I turn around and wink at Maddie even though she was to busy to even look, since she was texting someone who I'm guessing was Alejandro.

I roll my eyes and turn back around to follow peter. Once we get to Delmars, Peter was already ordering.

"What do you want?" Peter asked me.

"I'll get the same as you, it doesn't matter." I said giving him a warm smile.

"So what's up mads?" I ask Madelyn who is sitting down at a table.

"Ithinkalejandroischeatingonme." Madelyn said very fast without stuttering.

"Woah woah, slow down." I said utterly confused.

She takes a deep breathe and swallows.
"I think Alejandro I-is cheating on me." Madelyn said as her voice cracks.

"Hey, hey hey, no he isn't. You know how much he loves you, why would you think he would do that?" My eyes soften.

"He posts these random girls on his spam all the time. I don't know why, maybe to get me jealous-" Madelyn said as her eyes are getting watery.

"No, no, he loves you Mads, he always will. Maybe you need to talk to him. He probably just misses you. Cmon, I'll tell peter maybe another day, let's go home—" I say before getting cut off by Madelyn.

"No, I can go home by myself. You, you need to stay here with Peter. I see the way you look at him, you like him Vee, and he likes you too." Madelyn smiles.

"We met, yesterday Maddie, how could you even tell he likes me," I said.

"Trust me I can. I'll go home and talk to ale, you go get your mans." Madelyn smirks again.

"I hate you." I roll my eyes playfully and walk over to peter to get out food.

——————————

After a couple hours of roaming New York. Madelyn went back home with Ned, after his mom said he needed to do chores. So now it's just been me and Peter. And I can tell you, this guy is just, so amazing, he really is.

"I have somewhere to show you." Peter smiles, oh god, that smile could kill me.

"Lead the way." I smile back.

He takes me on top of this building. We both sit down on the edge and watch the sun set over the buildings and skyscrapers of New York.

"You're not scared of heights?" Peter asked.

"Not really, I mean, one false move, and you fall to your death, but most of the time, it's just so pretty." I said while gazing over the city.

"Same with me, I guess I've always be immune to heights." Peter replied.

The sun had fully set and now we are looking at the millions of stars in the sky.

"This is amazing." I said in awe.

"Yeah, I bet California doesn't have that." Peter giggles.

"Not really, but me and Madelyn live to skate around the city at night, it's amazing, I always feel free." I turn and smile at him.

"P-Peter, what's that?" I question the big yellow eruption behind him.

"I h-have no idea, it looks like it's coming to us, we need to go." Peter said, but I guess we were too slow.

The explosion had reached to us, sending Peter flying back into the fire escape and me down to me feet. I quickly shot back up back onto my feet. A couple of seconds past, then different currents of lightning shocked through different places. One of them hitting me.

I groan in pain and try to yell Peters name but it's no use. As a couple minutes pass, I collapse to floor. I start to loose sight, but something I do see is someone dressed in a red and blue suit, with white eyes, carrying me off of the roof, swinging in the air. But before I could get a closer look, I blacked out.

————————————————————