Chapter 27: Shopping

CHAPTER 27

Ava Marquez-Petrakis

"I will not wear that dress Iñigo!" I growled out loud fuming mad as Iñigo shoved me racks and racks of clothes. Steam must have been coming out of my nose as I vehemently glared at my grinning husband.

We were in one of Spain's luxury boutiques with me trying on different long evening gowns picked by my husband. I thought I will have a fun time shopping with husband. I was in a fairly good mood after his display of possessiveness that I began to skip and sing a happy tune as I prepared for our shopping trip.

But I should have known my husband was a devil in disguise despite his angelic façade. He was a sneaky bastard for turning me away from the boutiques I liked and chose to drag me to the most conservative stores I have ever seen.

I want to vomit at the displays of clothes when we reached the boutiques. Racks after racks of clothes were displayed before me and I had to gag at the preposterous designs they had.

What does he want me to look? The next Mother Teresa?!

I was a she-devil not a saint!

Huffing underneath my breath, I glared at the clothes on display inside the room. Being a well-known Petrakis and Avalon, the boutique manager lead us to a plush private room where I was waited and served by their store attendants.

My husband was grinning from ear to ear as I modelled in front of him the dress he has chosen me. I badly wanted to rip them off as each dress became even more conservative than the last.

Now he wants me to wear a long sleeved floor length dress with a hood on my head. Does he want me to be the next Robin Hood?

Glaring at the man before me, I clenched my fists before I can try clubbing him with my hand. Gritting my teeth, I plastered a tight smile for the sake of the attendant's watching us. "Darling, I'd like to take another look at other dresses."

"Why do you not like this, mi esposa?" my husband paraded the hideous dress "It will surely protect you from the cold evening of Spain."

Oh good heavens, I pray for strength and patience not to rip the dress in his hand. I badly wanted to cut it into pieces and wring my dear husband's neck!

Sighing and exhaling deeply, I pointedly glared at my husband who was hiding the amusement in his eyes. Oh this was amusing for him, huh? I will surely show him amusement!

"You should not worry about the cold, Iñigo. You should know by now that I can withstand any frosty encounter, " His eyes narrowed at my insinuation "Me being your wife is a testament to my thick skin that can withstand the coldness."

It was his turn to glare while I flashed him a sardonic smile. Take that you annoying man!

Turning towards the attendants, I sweetly asked them "Do you perhaps have any more collection? One that is more feminine and sexy?"

"You will not wear a skin-revealing dress!" the man beside me vehemently debated.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Why ever not Iñigo? I was wearing a lingerie when you fell head over heels before me. Surely, a tight-fitting dress will allow more coverage."

"B-but still..."

I stopped him with my hand "Hush. I promise it will be a mixture between a conservative Spanish daughter and a sexy female vixen."

Flashing him a wan smile, I gestured to the attendants "Kindly send me your best collection."

Sitting at the plush white sofa, I pulled my husband to sit beside me and drank the wine they served us. I was grinning from ear to ear as Iñigo slumped beside me. I thought I had won this battle but I gawked when they displayed racks of clothes that looked like a cross for a child celebrating her 7th birthday or attending junior prom.