Chapter 1 "The Next Step To Our Destiny"

Twelve Years Later

I smiled as I watched Korra block an attack from a fire bender. She then rolled and threw fire at him and knocked him down.

"How bout that Kari!" Korra yelled as she jumped up.

"Need to be more graceful with your rolls!" I yelled as I looked up from my book.

I went back to my book and smiled as she let out a grumble and got ready to continue to train.

Korra knew how to fight, that much anyone could tell. Her only problem was she was reckless, cocky and she had a temper, a very bad temper.

I watched as she firebended a guy into the wall, knocking him out cold, and I raised an eyebrow at her. She shrugged her shoulders and I let out a sigh, I shook my head an raised the book back up and continued to read.

Korra was becoming an excellent fighter, but she had no control. She also doesn't know how to stop and take a breather, she always wants to be up and doing something active.

"Go easy on them!" I yelled as she threw another guy against the wall.

"Yea Yea, I know I don't want to break their pride!" She yelled as she dodged an attack.

"More like I don't want them to have to have a healing session with Katara." I whispered.

After awhile I stood up and left to go for a walk to pass the time, while Korra was tested. After having walked for awhile I felt something running at full speed towards me. I let out a groan and turned in time to see Korra, who tackled me to the ground.

"I passed!" She yelled as she picked me up and spun me around.

"Korra! Can't breath!" I yelled out as I tried to get out of her death grip.

"Sorry, Kari." She said as she dropped me.

I let out groan as I dusted the snow off and shook my head.

"Good job, Korra. I knew you could do it." I said with a smile.

"I can't wait to train under Tenzin." She said happily.

"Good luck, his kids are nightmares." I said as I shook my head.

"They aren't that bad." She said with a laugh.

I sent her a look and she sent me a smile before running to tell Naga. I let out a chuckle as I watched her run off.

Boy if only people knew how crazy Tenzin's kids where. I have a lot of respect for him and his wife, Pema. Especially because they have had to raise Meelo, their only son.

Meelo... is well let's say he is special. If you every wanted to know what an airbender on crack was like, you need only meet Meelo. The kids had constant energy and never becomes tired. I once had to watch him for a hour and he nearly started a war with some monkeys, last time I go to a zoo with him.

I shook my head and smiled as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Crazy avatar." I whispered to myself.

I followed her and saw her with Naga.

"I should take you for a run." Korra said as she pet her.

The guard sent her a look and before she could say anything I walked up to them.

"Don't worry, I'll be with her." I said with a small smile.

Korra's smile went wider and we climbed onto Naga.

"Please go slow." I said softly.

The guard sent me a look, as if silently saying good luck.

"Of course I will." She said before holding onto the reins.