Chapter 2 "A New Journey"

The next morning I held a laugh in as Tenzin arrived with his family.

"Hello, Mother. I can't tell you how happy I am to see you." Tenzin said as Meelo started to tug on his ear.

I covered my mouth and smiled as Tenzin let out a sigh.

"Please, help me." He pleaded.

He bent down and Katara let out a chuckle as she took Meelo.

"Unhand me, strange woman!" Meelo yelled as Katara grabbed him.

I watched him squirm in her hold and I shook my head.

"That's your grandmother, Meelo." Tenzin said with a sigh.

I let out a laugh as he looked at Katara and then airbended over her head and landed behind her. He looked around and then spotted me.

"Akari!" He yelled as he sped towards me.

I let out a laugh as he tackled me in a hug.

"Meelo! My favorite airbender." I said as I hugged him.

"I feel insulted." Ikki said with a frown.

"Favorite male airbender."  I said with a laugh.

"I better be your favorite female." She said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Course you are." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

Ikki is the youngest daughter of Tenzin and lets just say she is extremely curious. She always has a thousand questions for any situation, everything is fascinating to her and she has a very active imagination. Sometimes I wonder how she thinks up some of the stuff she says.

She let out a laugh and I quickly started to tickle her.

"Daddy! Help!" She exclaimed through giggles.

"Oh no, you're own your own." Tenzin said with a chuckle.

I let go of Ikki and she ran and started to ask Katara all sorts of questions.

"Akari, how are you?" Jinora asked as she walked up to me.

"I've been good. How about you? How's the training? You surpassed the old man yet?" I asked with a smile.

"I could never surpass, dad."

Jinora is Tenzin's oldest and more... normal child. Unlike her siblings, she is more quiet and reserved, not to mention extremely intelligent. She also is one of the bravest children I've ever met and mature. Out of all three of them, she is the one I would place my life on.

"I don't know... I mean.. he is a sucky airbender." I said playfully.

"I heard that." Tenzin said as he glared at me.

"You were meant to." I said as he pulled me into a hug.

Tenzin is my over bearing cousin, who I love to death. Growing up as the daughter of a Chief was a struggle and he knew what came with having a father like mine. Ever since I could remember Tenzin had always made time to visit me and he make sure that I wasn't always studying and training.

"It's good to see you again. I'm surprised your father isn't here." He said as he pulled away.

"You know dad, he is a very busy guy." I said as I shook my head.

"That I do know." He said with a nod of his head.

Korra walked up to us and I saw a smile spread on her face and I held back a laugh.

"Korra? Look at you, so big and strong. You've grown into quite the young Avatar." Tenzin said as he touched her shoulder.

"Master Tenzin, I'm so glad you're here. I can't wait to get started." Korra said happily.