So, Ice Cream is a No?

Third Person POV
Nat soothed Peter to sleep after he had told her his story. After wiping excess tears from both of their faces, she carried him into the living room where the rest of the team was waiting.

Bucky saw them first. He sat up straight as soon as they entered, noticing their red eyes. If whatever happened made Natasha cry, they were all screwed.

She sat down carefully, still cradling the toddler. The assassin pressed his head into the crook of her neck, knowing it comforted him. She took a deep breath.

And explained everything.

Natasha got choked up around halfway through and buried her face in Peter's curls. It helped knowing he was still there in her arms, not in the hands of some evil man in a lab.

At the end, everyone in the room had glassy eyes. It was especially hard on Pietro, Wanda, and Bucky because they had experienced something similar.

Tony took a deep, calming breath before speaking. "You said they put him in a freezer?"

Nat nodded with furrowed brows, wondering why he asked.

The billionaire turned towards Bruce, pulling a face that no one in the room understood. The doctor looked confused for a moment before realizing something.

He placed a hand over his mouth with wide, pained eyes. "Oh my god."

"What? Is there something going on that we can't understand? It can't get worse, right? Please tell me I'm right," Clint pleaded, sounding on the edge of a breakdown. He had young kids of his own so this was paining him, especially since he wasn't allowed to see them much after the divorce. Pietro grabbed his hand in a show of comfort.

Tony looked at the ceiling as he explained, not wanting to see the expressions on his friends' faces. "Peter has the powers of a spider, and after we tested the blood sample we got from him while he was asleep, we realized half of his DNA was spider DNA. And because of this, Peter most likely has a spider's inability to thermoregulate. Which basically means if Peter is in cold temperatures for too long, he'll go into hibernation, like a spider."

Everyone was still confused. Why was this important right now?

"Hibernation is very important to a spider's health," Bruce continued. "Forcefully ending a spider's hibernation is extremely painful. And possibly fatal. The less time a spider has in hibernation, the more painful it is for them to wake up." (Most of these spider facts are false, I made them up for the plot. You'll understand why in later chapters.)

The Avengers were horrified. This boy, the one they had gotten attached to so quickly, had been through way too much in his young life. More than most of them had been through.

And they were going to make sure no one ever hurt him again
———————————————————————————
Yes, I know this is bad and a filler chapter. Yes, I will be doing fluff the next few chapters to make up for all of the angst.
No, I am not going to edit this. I am lazy.

January, February, March, April, May, June....
-spidey