Mama?

Third Person POV
The group of sullen heroes gathered around the bed, glaring at a doctor who seemed to be trembling in fear. They all felt like they would never be able to move on from this day. None of them could imagine a life without Peter.

Sure, they had just spent the past few months without his presence, but that had been different. They all had hope that he would wake up. But now, now they knew that he would be gone forever with no hope of return.

All of them had experienced death. They had seen loved ones die, felt grief, seen and been through too much. But this little boy did not deserve to have seen more than them. He had been through more torture than a 100 year old war veteran, a man who had been interrogated in a cave in Afghanistan, and was a close second to a brainwashed assassin. And now, he was paying for the horrible things other people did to him.

The man in the lab coat slowly made his way through the crowd, mumbling out small 'excuse me's and 'sorry's. The group simply ignored him. They felt like if they just ignored him, all the bad things would go away.

"I assume all of you have said your goodbyes," he asked nervously.

They nodded mutely.

The doctor sighed and tried to regain at least some of his composure. "Well, because Mr Parker currently has no legal guardian he is in the custody of the government, and they have all ready given us the go-ahead for taking him off of life support."

Tony, who was watching from security cameras, muttered profanities under his breath about laws and regulations, ignoring the way his voice cracked as he spoke.

Realizing he wasn't going to get a response, the doctor mumbled a small 'right' and took out a clipboard from a pocket by the bed, skimming it over.

But he froze in his reading when he heard a small voice utter the word, "Mama?"
———————————————————————————
I just posted the first 6 parts of a Harry Potter fic, if you like that kind of thing please check it out!

Mothertrucker, dude...
-spidey