Doctor

Third Person POV
Peter woke up feeling like he had been run over by a truck. His head was pounding and his entire body was sore. But he was warm, so that was a plus.

He snuggled closer to the warmth, only to feel it vibrate. Eyes snapping open, Peter saw Bucky laying beneath him, chuckling. Peter didn't remember how he got there, but he didn't regret it considering how comfortable he was.

"Did you have a good nap, Petey?"

Peter nodded, embarrassed. He felt his face turning bright red.

Bucky laughed at the tomato of a child in front of him before standing up and placing Peter on his hip. The boy looked at him confusedly.

"Where are we going?"

The soldier looked down at him and smiled softly. "Bruce wanted to take a look at you to make sure you were ok after your panic attack and to see if there was something he could do to prevent them."

Oh no. Peter hated doctors. They reminded him of the experiments. The needles, the sterile smell, everything about doctors freaked him out.

Bucky noticed him shaking and bounced him on his hip. "Hey, Petey, you're gonna be fine. I hated doctors when I came back from Hydra, too. But you know what? Steve stayed with me the whole time to make sure I was comfortable and safe, so I'm gonna do the same for you, ok?"

Peter nodded hesitantly, causing Bucky to grin. The team was still a little wary about the soldier, so knowing Peter trusted him felt amazing.

The trip to the med bay went by in a flash for Peter. He was a little convinced that Pietro had speeded him there and then pretended it wasn't him. Again.

That was one trippy ride to the training room.

They walked in to see Bruce setting up some medical supplies. The man immediately smiled reassuringly at Peter. Of course he understood what was going through Peter's mind, he'd been tested on too many times to count because of the other guy.

Bucky sat him down on the exam table and then went to find a seat, until he felt little hands gripping the back of his shirt. Peter was looking at him pleadingly. Bucky immediately knew what he wanted.

"I'm not leaving buddy. I promise," he reassured, picking the toddler up and placing him in his lap.

Bruce walked over and smiled slyly at the two. He had gotten FRIDAY to take a picture and send it to the group chat.

Nat had already made it her screensaver. After cropping out Bucky's face, of course.

"Hey Peter. I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but if I'm gonna be able to help you with your panic attacks I'm gonna need to know what triggers them. Do you think you could tell me?"

Bruce knew he was springing all of this on the kid really quickly, but when Bucky had first come back from Hydra, beating around the bush had only made the situation worse. So he figured being blunt was the best option.

Peter nodded hesitantly, playing with Bucky's fingers nervously. "Um, the one yesterday was from seeing their symbol. The cold scares me. Needles. New people. The dark. Loud noises. Yelling. People in lab coats. Being restrained. The name they called me. Small spaces. Um, t-that's all I can think of."

The boy was shaking by the end of his spiel. He hadn't wanted to think of those things. He figured saying them quickly would make it end faster.

Bruce could pretty easily figure out the connections between his fears and Hydra. The cold and small spaces from being trapped in the freezer, the lab coats and being restrained from being experimented on, etcetera etcetera.

They would have to make a few changes around the tower but Bruce didn't think anyone would mind considering all of them would die for this child without hesitation. For example, Bruce had discreetly thrown his lab coat into a drawer during Peter's explanation.

After writing down everything the boy had said, Bruce asked, "Is there anything else about you or your powers you think we should know, Peter? It will help us out a lot if you could tell us if there is anything."

Peter scrunched up his eyebrows in thought and ran a tiny hand through his curls. Bruce stifled a laugh. The kid had definitely gotten that from Tony and his hair obsession.

"I have sensory ova-overloads sometimes and they hurt really bad. And my metabolism is super duper fast , so I get hungry a lot. I think I heard one of the bad men say that I needed five meals a day one time. They only ever gave me two, though."

Both men in the room were shocked. They had only been giving him three meals a day! The poor kid was probably starving!

"Petey, why didn't you tell us? We should've been feeding you more!" Bucky exclaimed, looking at the boy expectantly.

Peter looked at them, confused. They would give him more food?

"I don't deserve more food though," he said as if was obvious.

Bruce left the room quickly, feeling the Hulk start growling and scratching to the surface. Peter thought he had made him angry and tears filled his eyes.

"I didn't mean to hurt Mr Bruce's feelings," he mumbled to himself sadly.

Bucky felt his heartbreak for his kinda-son. The poor boy was so broken, and he so badly wanted to help him be put back together.

"You didn't make him upset, Petey. He was upset about how badly those men treated you. And it isn't pretty when Bruce gets mad, so he has to leave those situations," he explained.

Peter nodded and attempted to shuffle out of Bucky's lap and onto the ground. Bucky laughed at his attempt. His legs were so short that he was still a good two feet above the ground.

Bucky picked him up and Peter wrapped his arms around his neck. "Let's go get you some food, Petey."
———————————————————————————
I'm sorry that this one took so long, but I just had a sixteen day long period and was in quite a bit of pain so I feel I have a valid excuse.

Make em wait for it Travis...
-spidey