Strong

Third Person POV
Peter's eyes fluttered open to see shadows surrounding him. He assumed that Bucky had closed his blinds by accident again after tucking him in, so he just rolled onto his side. But when he did that, he realized he wasn't on his bed.

Or in his room.

Or in his house.

Or somewhere safe.

Peter shot up in the bed, immediately regretting it when his head started to pound. His headache only got worse when he saw where he was

His cell.

The room where he had grown up, where he had spent his first three birthdays, where he had been treated like an animal for his entire life.

The toddler started shaking violently, his breathing getting choppy and uneven. No, this was not the time to have a panic attack, Peter!

He had to stop. He imagined Bucky sitting next to him, rubbing comforting circles on his belly with his metal hand like he always did when Peter was scared. He imagined Nat singing soothing songs to him in Russian and combing her fingers through his hair.

After a few minutes, Peter had gotten control of his breathing. The team would be proud of him. He had only been in the cell for a little bit of time but he already missed them.

The toddler started fidgeting with his sleeves like he always did when he was nervous. But then he looked down.

A bittersweet smile formed on his face when he saw what he was wearing. The hoodie nat had given him.

If Natasha thinks I'm a hero, then I need to prove it. With great power comes great responsibility. I have to be strong like Nat thinks I can be, he thought.

With a newfound determination, Peter faced the door and waited for his chance.

His chance to escape.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Bucky was having a breakdown.

His little Peter was gone. They already knew who had taken him, but that only made him worry more. Peter already suffered at Hydra's hands, why did he have to go through more?

"Did you find anything yet?" Natasha asked Stark. Tony had asked FRIDAY to start trying to find Peter the second they realized he was gone. They didn't have anything yet.

Tony sighed and ran a hand down his face. "We know that two men in Hydra uniforms scaled the side of the tower and somehow broke the window to Peter's room. They took him to a black SUV parked by the curb, but it didn't have any plates and the security cameras lost it after a few miles. In other words, I have no clue where the kid is."

Bucky sucked in a sharp breath and left the room. He couldn't do this, he couldn't he couldn't he couldn't he couldn't he couldn't.

Steve ran after him to find Bucky in their shared room, punching a hole in the wall with his metal hand.

"Buck, you've gotta calm down. This isn't helping Peter. If we're going to get him back, we need all of our brain power combined, and that includes your knowledge of Hydra, ok?"

Bucky looked up at his partner with devastated eyes. "What if we don't get to him in time, Steve? I can't lose him, I can't," he whispered desperately.

Steve wrapped his arms around him. "We'll find him. I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."
———————————————————————————
I'm sorry I didn't get this out the other day like I promised, I started running a fever and I felt like absolute crap. I still feel pretty bad now but I'm good enough to update.

Hi, my names Michael with a b and I've been afraid of insects my whole life.
-spidey