a friend.

❝ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ; 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃. ❞

 ˚  ·

˚  · .
✦  ˚  ·       .
· •.                               * .  •     ·
•.   ✶
˚  · .    ·

You didn't have parents growing up. They left you the moment you turned 9 so you ended up walking around, trying to find something to eat and somewhere to sleep. That went on for almost two years.

Your H/L H/C hair was dirty and tangled, and your face was dusty, just as about everyone else in the underground. As you were walking, you saw a little corner that you thought would work well as a 'home' for the night.

'At least It's something...' you thought as you stepped closer. 'Wait a minute.. there seems to be sitting someone there.. who the hell is that?' You saw someone sitting with their legs crisscross-style. "H-hi," you said as you looked down at the person.

The person looked up and you could now see that it was a girl. She had thick, dark brown, almost black, hair that reached down to her lower back, and limestone skin color. Her eyes were brown and her lashes were long. Her eyebrows were bushy but that seems to be the case for everyone down here these days.

Even though the girl was sitting, you could see that the girl was a bit taller than you. "Hi.." the girl finally said in a tired voice. "Are you.. okay?" You asked, though she probably wasn't. The girl looked down and you took that as a no.

"Are you hungry? I found some bread earlier. You can have it if you want." You asked the girl. She looked up again and said, "yeah but, do you not need it?"

"No, not really. I already ate some of it so you can have the rest. It also looks like you need it more than I do" You replied, referring to her skinny form.

"Thank you.." is all she said as you handed her the piece of bread.

"So.. what's your name?" You asked as she watched the girl eat her bread. "My name? Um... I.. don't know what my name is.." she answered as she looked to the side, avoiding your gaze.

"Oh.. well in that case..." You started. '"From now on your name will be Aster! Like the flower. I-if that's okay with you of course." You finished with a soft smile.

"Aster... I like that name" Aster said. A smile could be seen on her face and that made you smile even more, happy about helping someone. "So Aster, my name is Y/N. Do you.. want to be friends?" You asked with a small, nervous smile on your face.

"Friends? I've never had one, but okay. We can be friends." Aster answered as she smiled even more than before. "I've never had one either, so at least we have something in common." You said in happiness as you helped your new friend up. As already stated, you had never had a friend before, so you were genuinely happy to finally have one.

— 𖥸 —