i won't leave.

❝ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ; 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄. ❞

 ˚  ·

˚  · .
✦  ˚  ·       .
· •.                               * .  •     ·
•.   ✶
˚  · .    ·

"Dang it.."

"How the hell do you do this?!"

"Let's just... start over, again."

"Fuck!"

You had been in front of the mirror for probably an hour now, trying your best to fix the braid that had been a total mess the past few days. Ever since the day Isabel braided your hair, you hadn't dared to take the braids out, but you kinda didn't have a choice right now.

For three days now all you'd gotten was about 47 minutes of sleep so focusing was basically impossible. Every night consisted of just existing and thinking about probably everything that could go wrong in this cruel world.

A knock on the door took your attention away from the mirror. "Y/N? You in here?" You recognized the voice as Levi's. "Y-yeah, I'm here." You answered as you stood up and opened the door for him.

"Umm... What the hell is on your head?"

"What? Oh, it's supposed to be a braid... uh, yeah," you sheepishly chuckled.

At first, Levi didn't say anything, he just studied your hair for a moment. "Want me to help?" He asked while awkwardly scratching his neck.

"No, no, it's fine! You can just... go do whatever you want to do..." you mumbled the last part, hoping that Levi would leave.

"Y/N... You don't really have a choice here."

"Seriously, Levi... Can't I get a little alone time?" Your usual soft tone was replaced with a rather serious and demanding one. And even though you tried to make Levi take you seriously, he didn't. That seemed to be a recurring issue; people getting used to you always fooling around and when you actually try to be serious for once, they never realize, and just ignore what you said.

Levi was about to make a joke about you wanting alone-time but stopped himself when he noticed your facial expression. It made him realize that you were, in fact, being dead serious for once.

"What do you mean by that? Do you not want me around? Do you not want anyone to care about you? Is that it?" Even though Levi never really publicly showed emotions, he surprisingly sounded hurt by your words and actions.

"N-no, no! That's not it at all... Of course, I want you around and to care but... I-I just... Don't want you to have to worry about me..." Your head fell to the ground and Levi was left speechless for a moment. He had already thought about why he shouldn't get too attached to you, and he had tried not to, but he hadn't realized you also didn't want to get attached. Not because you didn't want to get hurt, but because you didn't want the people who cared for you to get hurt.

"And I'm not telling you, or demanding you, to leave... I'm just warning you. I'm warning you that if you don't turn back now and leave, you'll probably regret it..." your voice was low and almost inaudible, mostly because if you spoke any louder and heard your own words, you would cry. Already being on the verge of tears didn't help at all.

"Y/N."

Your head shot up as you realized Levi was still there listening to you being depressed and shit.

"I won't leave just because you or I might die any second, and I won't regret it... Remember what Erwin said? No regrets?... I used to think I shouldn't care about you, or get attached to you in any way... But damn, you made that so fucking hard." Levi 'chuckled' the last part, but not really. There was just that extra light, or happy tone, to his words.

"Heh, yeah I was kinda hoping you would take this chance to leave... so if I or you die, you are not allowed to complain." You said sarcastically, hoping to brighten the mood.

"Can't promise anything," Levi answered, also sarcastically, to join in on the mood-brightening.

You gave him a quick laugh and a smile and continued to stare at the floor for a few more moments before looking up at him, locking your eyes.

"Now about your hair, will you let me help you?" Levi said, just to be sure you weren't planning on making him leave you alone again. You had completely forgotten about the bird nest on your head and couldn't help but laugh when you imagined how ridiculous you must have been looking to Levi.

"Yeah, go ahead... But I doubt you'll be able to fix this mess."

It took a few tries, and a few hair strands to be removed, but eventually, Levi redeemed himself as done. He gave you a mirror and you were honestly surprised... but not really in a good way.

"I tried, okay? Braiding hair is a lot harder than you think, so don't complain." The new bird nest on your head would probably be better off if you just removed it.

"I'm just gonna... remove this. I'll survive with (hairstyle) I guess..."

"Sorry, I swear I tried."

"Don't worry about it," you joked back with a cheeky smile. "Now why don't we get back to training, eh? Wouldn't want to be late."