Chapter 2 - At Least Its Saturday

Burkhart Mansion

Waking up in a big house all alone was a bit scary when your used to a smaller house and a loving father actually being there to start the day with, even if for a short while.

I stumble out of the bed with a loud yawn, I can't help it, yawning is my curse. I dig through her drawers and sigh, at least bellbottoms are cute. I grab a simple shirt and damn she's got cute undies. . . Wow now that is an awkward thought right there.

I get ready for the day, just throwing her hair in a ponytail with a frown on my face and then I look through her clothes and shoes with a frown, to many damn heels.

After I find a bag I start packing them up, what is today? Oh great, I don't even know if she has school today or if it's a weekend.

With a sigh I begin snooping through her books and find the Forman's number.

Dialing it on her phone, hopefully correctly anyways I hear the phone ring for awhile.

—————————————————
The Forman's
3rd POV

"Hello?" Eric says as he answers the phone, his parents and sister just stepped out of the kitchen after all.

"Umm, Is Mrs Forman there?" Jackie asks while chewing on her nail nervously, hopefully she's not wasting anyone's time.

". . . Jackie? Devil? Is that you?" Eric asks feeling confused, what's she calling for? She never calls.

"Mrs Forman, can I please speak to her uh. .Topher?" Is that who she's talking to? God she has no idea right now.

"No devil, the names Eric and she stepped out of the kitchen. What is it?" He's just feeling more confused and a bit concerned as this conversation goes on, she's acting nothing like Jackie right now.

"What day is it? Like the date and the um. . All of that stuff?"

"Saturday. Jackie, Devil, are you feeling okay?" He asks with a frown feeling really concerned about her "do you want me to pick you up?"

"I. .I. ."

He hears her stuttering and he can't help but feel a little jittery because of it, why is she acting like this? What the hell happened?

"N-n-no thank you. I'll be Uh. . I'm fine." She mutters and then hangs up before he can insist on picking her up.

Eric frowns in irritation and sighs. . He wonders if she's lying, it seemed like she was lying. Maybe he should go there and get her anyways?

No, no, that'd be creepy and why would he care about the devil? Only the devil doesn't seem like the devil? What does he know, he's a dumbass.

"Who was on the phone son?" Red asks as he walks back into the kitchen and goes over to the fridge to grab out a beer.

"Jackie. She wanted to know what day it was." Eric says with a sigh as he looks at his dad with a frown "when I asked her if she was okay she was all 'I'm fine.' But I don't think she's doing fine dad."

His dads eyes are frowned as well as he sighs looking at his just opened beer with a frown. "I'll be back later soon."

Red was going to get the little Burkhart, since apparently his dumbass son isn't man enough to go pick up the distressed girl.

—————————————————————
Burkhart Mansion

It was a really lonely place to be all alone in I think as I put on a pair of overalls and a black t shirt. Perhaps I'll work on one of the extra cars outside, there has to be some out there right?