Chapter 13 - Vanstock

October 8th, Saturday — 1977

It was early when us girls, Laurie, Kitty and I were in the kitchen working on breakfast for the others. Red woke up first, he stood in the kitchen for a moment before shrugging his shoulders and just sitting at the breakfast table with a newspaper.

This morning Laurie and I packed a bag for today since we're supposed to be going to Vanstock. By the time Eric and Hyde came into the kitchen we had breakfast ready.

"Jackie." Both boys say as they sit themselves before they begin to greet the others.

"Ready for vanstock?" Eric asks happily as Red scrunches up his nose in distaste before shaking his head.

"I am!" Laurie says happily as she wraps an arm around my shoulders. "I'm going with my friend!"

"Wait." Hyde says with a frown as he pushes his avatars up his nose. "You broke up with Kelso?"

Laurie makes a face and a sound of disgust. "Well, yeah. He's such a pervert."

"You're a pervert." Eric counters loudly.

Right after Red hits him on the head with a newspaper and then scolds him. "Be nice to your sister Eric."

"I - uh. But she can be evil?" Eric argues unskillfully.

"I like your sister." I say as I pat Laurie on the hand. "She's a little crazy but cool."

Eric shrugs his shoulder and pouts. "Fine. She does make good breakfast."

"Yeah." Hyde admits with a shit eating grin. "It's something that she learned it from Jackie."

"Hey." Kitty says in protest a small frown on her face. "I helped them too."

"You're the best cook out of us all Mrs Forman." I argue back, it's true, she is definitely an amazing cook. "Without you we would all perish."

She smiles a little and does her quirky laugh as she reaches over and pats my arm. "Oh Jackie, you're such a sweet girl."

"What about me mom?" Laurie asks with a frown while she looks put out.

Kitty shakes her head and laughs again as she pats her daughters arm. "You're becoming a sweet girl too dear. It makes me so happy."

"Jackie." Red says as he begins to eat. "Wanna help me with the Ford before you kids leave?"

"Of course, sir." I reply cheerfully. "I want to have my own shop eventually you know?"

"What about hanging out with us before Vanstock instead?" Hyde asks with a frown as he finishes eating. "We're not cars or anything.. but it would be fun.."

"Donna doesn't like me." I say with a shrug. "The less time I'm hanging out with you guys the better it'll be I think." I don't have time for the drama.

"Oh come on Jackie." Eric says with a pout. "It'll be fun."

"We'll even tell Kelso and Donna to buzz off." Hyde says.

"What about Fez?" Laurie asks with a frown.

I sigh and put my hands under my chin as I glance at her. "Fez is pretty cool."

"Fez is weird man." Hyde says with a chuckle as he pushes his avatars up. "But yeah, once you get past that he is pretty cool."

Two hours later I was outside with Laurie helping Red with the lawnmower instead of a car. "Laurie, honey, you can hold the flashlight better then that." Red says with a sigh.

Not to far away the boys, along with Donna were standing in the driveway where Kelso's van was parked. Beside them was Casey, Michaels big brother. Even from beside the lawnmower I could here the bite in Hyde and Eric's voice as they spoke to the older brother of their friend.