Chapter 12 - Work Night

October 7th - Friday, 1977 - 3:02pm

I hum quietly to myself as I gather my school work from my locker. The jock from before has been watching me closely, especially since last time. I take comfort in the fact that if he tries anything again I'll make sure to hit him in the nose with my elbow. Leaving the school I have a slight skip in my step. It's my last day of work for this week and then I work Monday night.

"Jackie."

The shout makes me pause in my adventure plans to leave the damn school. Holding back a sigh I pivot around, slowing to a stop, seeing both Eric and Hyde behind me.

"Yes boys?" I ask them innocently as I tilt my head to the side curiously.

"You do know that you shouldn't be walking off alone right?" Hyde asks me with a raised eyebrow before glancing at Eric. "You can head home Forman. I'll keep watch over her alright?"

That causes me to scoff in annoyance and glare at him, I do my best not to throw up my hands like an upset toddler. "I am not a child and I do have work tonight."

"So? That doesn't mean that I shouldn't keep an eye on you." Hyde says with a roll of his eyes. "Besides, you're too damn hot to just leave on your own. Someone might take advantage."

"I'm not sure if you're being sweet or sexist." I tell him flatly and shake my head. "I do know how to fight you know? Which means that I'm not completely helpless." I make sure to inform him sternly.

He shrugs his shoulders, almost as if he expected that response from me. I can only assume that he's looking at me through his avatars, but there's a possibility I'm wrong.

"Whichever is fine doll. I just don't want you getting into a fight." Steven says exasperated as he shakes his head.

Rolling my eyes I continue walking down the road as he quickly catches up and walks beside me. Resigned I let him follow me to Charlie's bar.

"I'm here." I announce as I walk to the counter, Charlie is standing behind the bar at the moment.

"Jackie." He greets me with a small smile, the smile falls a little as he eyes Steven skeptically. "That's one of your friends right? You do know that you will lose this job if you serve him alcohol."

"I'm not going to serve him alcohol. Besides — wasn't that what you did the other day?" I ask the old man in amusement.

Old man Charlie chuckles and shakes his head with a small grin on his face. "Nope, it never happened."

"Of course not sir." I reply back as I try not to chuckle.

"Good girl." He mumbles before turning to Steven Hyde while I get behind the bar. "So, why are you here boy?"

"For the beer." I hear Hyde say as I get ready to go to the few tables on the other side of the bar.

Walking towards my first table I take out my notepad and notice that it's Casey Kelso. I almost laugh. "Casey, what do you want?"

"I want a beer. Do they have burgers here now too? Cause if they do I want one of those too Jackie."

"They do." I mutter and I glance back up at him to see him staring. "What kind of burger did you want?"

"Just one with cheese. Hey, are you over eighteen yet?"

"Alright and no - no. I'm not."

"That's a shame." I hear him mutter as I walk away, rolling my eyes as I go to the counter. "I will cook his burger Charlie. You can bring it to him."