Chapter 4 - Then Comes Monday

Forman Residence

After getting some sleep in Laurie's room I walked to the bathroom and got ready for the day, yawning as I go about it all, I put my pajamas back on since my clothes are dirty.

I make my way downstairs and see kitty in the kitchen making breakfast.

Walking over to her with a yawn "Let me help" I tell her as I start helping her with the over easy eggs.

"Oh Jackie!" Kitty says with an awkward laugh as she looks at me preparing the eggs "I didn't know you could cook!"

"Y——eah" I say as I yawn tiredly, my hand over my mouth, go away sleepiness.

"If you're tired then why didn't you sleep in dear? It's only almost six thirty, you would've had at least half an hour before you had to get up for the day."

"I can't sleep past 6:30 Mrs Kitty." I tell her with another yawn "I wake up with a really bad headache if I try."

I flip the eggs over and lightly salt and pepper then. Hyde walks up the stairs while I'm multitasking between cooking the eggs and mixing the pancake batter while she cooks the bacon and gets biscuits ready.

He looks between me and kitty "Okay, I must be seeing things because Jackie Burkhart doesn't cook."

I had just started making the pancakes on the stovetop.

"She's doing amazing actually Steven." Mrs Kitty says happily as she turns to me "you're just such great help around the kitchen dear."

I shrug and pat her shoulder as I finish putting the last of the cooked eggs on a plate then get back to flipping pancakes just as Laurie and Eric come downstairs bickering at each other.

"I'm pretty sure I'm seeing things, Jackie the Little Devil is NOT cooking breakfast." Eric says, I glance at him to see him rubbing his eyes.

Laurie wrinkles her nose "I thought that you didn't cook."

I just ignore them as they sit down at the table and I go back to finishing the cooking.

"She has been so much help this morning Eric, Laurie." I hear Mrs Kitty say happily as she touches my shoulder gently. "Haven't you dear?"

"Of course Mrs Forman," I say shyly, when I finish putting the pancakes on the plate Red comes into the kitchen and sits down at the table and me and Kitty sit the serving plates down at the table.

"Good morning Mr Forman." I say formally, I'm staying at their house right now, not that I had much of a choice in the matter though.

"Just call me Red loud one." He says gruffly as he puts food on his plate.

"I'm going to say it first, this is good." Eric says surprised before he looks at me suspiciously. "I thought you couldn't cook? You're suspicious. Raise your hand if you're in danger."

". . ." I stare at him blankly and then shrug as I take a bite of the bacon that Kitty made and I practically moan, I love bacon, I just hate how the oil pops when you cook it.

"Alright, you can cook. You're to different Jackie, what happened to you?" Hyde asks irritably as he sits down his utensils and crosses his arms, his face turned towards mine while his shades block his eyes.

I died and took over Jackie's body, but I can't say that, I would prefer to stay out of an insane asylum you know?

Not having a believable answer I just shrug, Eric's eyes narrow at me, if anyone would believe this insanity then it'd end up being him. But I won't tell, again, no insane asylums for me.