Chapter 5 - So, There Is Tuesday

Forman's Residence

Humming to myself I put my hair up in a ponytail as I walk down the stairs. Having already taken a shower and otherwise gotten ready for school. Again it's early, perhaps around 6-6:30 in the morning, I can hear Kitty quietly singing as I walk into the kitchen.

Looking around I see that nobody else seems to be awake at the moment except me and Kitty. I begin helping her get dinner ready but shortly after Laurie walks in with a frown.

"You keep waking me up midget."

I snort as I go back to cooking "I got up twenty minutes ago."

"So did I, but you had to take a stupid shower." She grumbles as she sits down at the table. Then she sighs and walks over to us "Okay, what can I do to help?"

Me and Kitty both freeze in surprise, then we turn and look at her suspiciously. "You want to help your mother?" Kitty asks in shock, her eyes practically twinkling.

Laurie grumbles under her breath but nods hesitantly causing Kitty to do her awkward laughter.

Then haughtily she replies "Of course I do."

I cover my mouth to stop myself from giggling at the situation. It's kind of cute really. Laurie needs more hugs, sure she can be a bitch but she's not too bad either.

"Ohh!" Kitty says with a small smile "Now what did you do to my daughter." She says with her crazy laugh.

Ugh, it kills me and makes me want to chuckle. After Laurie looks at her mother with a deadpan she begins helping us with breakfast.

By the time the boys come stumbling in their all standing practically frozen at the door.

"I think we stepped into another dimension." Eric says from the doorway.

"Maybe it's the pod people man."

I hear Red sigh as he gets them away from the doorway "Move it dumbasses. I want to eat."

"What if Laurie poisoned it?" Eric asks his father "you know because she's the devil."

"Eric," Red says sternly as they all start to sit down.

"Yes sir?"

"What did I tell you about comparing your sister to the devil?"

"That it's offensive to the devil?"

I burst into loud giggles as Laurie hits me on the arm and glares causing me to laugh loudly.

"What did you do to her Kitty?" I hear Red ask confused as I compose myself and help put things on the table.

"Nothing, she just wanted to help us out in the kitchen today."

"Yeah Daddy, I just wanted to help Mom and our guest out."

"You hate cooking." Eric says flatly.

"Yeah," Hyde adds with a small smirk on his face "it can't give you money."

"Shut up." Laurie snaps "Orphan."

"Children, children." I say with a small smirk "If you cant be polite then I'll make you all apologize and hug."

I will too, all of their faces turn disgusted and I almost burst into laughter again. This is to much fun.

"You wouldn't." Hyde says sounding damn near scandalized as he goes to stand.

Raising an eyebrow at him I respond flatly "Try me."

Eric, Laurie and his parents are looking between us when kitty does her awkward laughter again.