Chapter 3 (re write)

hello guys!!! i'm not dead!! and I passed my exams!!! (didn't get good marks tho...) but who cares!! thank you for coping so much with me and here is what you guys haven't been waiting for at all!! a rewrite of chapter 3!! as I had mentioned in my last author note, I didn't like my chapter 3 so I changed it!! please enjoy!!

Percy's point of view

The next morning I woke up a bit earlier than usual.. I brushed it off and went to the cabin washroom. The thought of meeting my mom ringed through my brain.. I'm gonna see my mom today.. I'm- I'm actually going to see my mom after almost a year!! The thoughts buzzed in my mind as my eyes shed tears I didn't know were still there and had shed them yesterday.. I splash ice cold water on my face get it together Percy! You are a leader! You cant show weakness! Can't...show...weakness... why can't I show weakness?! I'm just a human! A human being like everybody else... NO. I'm not human.. Not anymore anyways... only Annabeth has seen my dark side.. The monster that lives inside me.. Dark thoughts swarmed my mind and my surroundings changed. The water in the sink froze with horrifying icicles growing in and out.. The air around me swirling, suffocating me. My blood boiling as if I was on fire. I needed to stop, but I couldn't. Flashes of me torturing Akhlys with her own poison entering and escaping my brain. I NEED TO STOP! I grab a dagger and slice up my scar littered arm. My literally boiling blood oozed out. I slashed at my arms and legs a bit more before everything calmed down. I fell to my knees cursing as I thought how would I react when I actually see her. I was regretting going to my mom, but she is my mom.. Nothing too bad would happen right?

After my panic show back in the washroom, I cleaned my blood, wore a dark blue sweatshirt and jeans and headed to the pavilion. I wasn't hungry but mom and Annabeth would be disappointed if I tried to kill myself so much.. I ate half a bowl of cereal and headed to my cabin to pack my belongings.. Not that there was much to pack anyways.

I entered my cabin and my head started buzzing so loudly it felt like my head was being hammered by a bus! I dropped to my knee clutching both my temples with a death grip. Noise bounded in my ears- "do not let them know your heritage son of Poseidon! Do not let them know!" Then it went away as fast as it came. I looked around anticipating another round but nothing.. I take my bag, stuff some ambrosia and nectar, a few camp hoodies (yes we have camp hoodies for winter), a few extra daggers and swords for just in case and I wrapped my watch on my wrist.

I walked up to Thalia's pine tree with Annabeth, Nico and Jason, and saw the shimmering golden fleece. Alongside it, Peleus was sleeping between the tree and the newest addition to the camp- the Athena Parthenon. I turned back to look at the camp again and felt the same feeling I had felt years ago when I had left to find Annabeth along with my... friends. I wasn't coming back soon am i? I looked at my family who came to bid me goodbye. Jason didn't say anything but I could tell everything that he was feeling through his broken eyes. It was fear, fear of losing another friend since as long as I was in camp, there were less chances of me dying then it was when I took a step outside the border. Nico had his best poker face on which was usual.

The person it hurt the most to leave was Annabeth.. I wouldn't admit it but if Annabeth wouldn't be going with me... I would be scarred to go at all. Its not the monsters I face, but the monster inside me. What if I go savage again? What if I loose myself? What if this time I do much more damage than I did last time? Without Annabeth, who knew what would happen to me? She saw right through me though, like she always did. I felt her warmth in my palms as she graced her hands across mine, soothing me. "its going to be fine, Percy. I promise. its just a few days ok? You can handle yourself.. You can handle yourself right?" she looked at me with a pleading look as if looking for confirmation instead of comforting me. " of course, I can wise girl. I always do don't i?" I asked her with a small smile. I bid my goodbyes and walk downhill to the nearest cab.

It was around 5:30 in the evening when I reached the apartment. It was locked but I had a spare key. I opened the door to find no one. the whole apartment was empty but there was a note on the kitchen sill. It took me a lot of time to figure out the note due to my dyslexia and my ADHD that was acting up. it read-

Dear percy,

So glad to know you are not dead. Your mom is actually with a baby and had accidently fallen from the stairs in excitement that you will be coming home today. Your mom has a minor fracture near her ankle but the doctor said she and the baby will be fine. I have to go back to the hospital and will have to stay the night there. Please rest, I will come pick you up tomorrow so that you can meet your mom. Again please do take some proper rest, we know you most probably don't get much with all that has been happening. We both love you and see you tomorrow!

Your step dad,

Paul

My heart dropped even more than I thought was possible. Guilt and anger rose in my heart and soul "my mom got hurt.. because of me..." "SHE GOT HURT BECAUSE OF ME!!" I was about to probably destroy the whole apartment with my rage but a sudden pair of footsteps stopped me. Caution and instinct took over. I grabbed riptide in pen form and went near the door. As soon as they knocked I threw the door open. There stood an old lady and a kid my age in giant bathrobes. "what is this a joke?" I ask. I know who they are and this is the worst possible moment for them to show up...