Motion

"Why in the name of the Madam President is Leta Lestrange writing to you?" Queenie stormed around the apartment, days after the Newt ordeal. An ornate letter was quickly being crushed in her hands, "If this woman thinks she's sending you a wedding invitation, she is sadly mistaken that you'll be attending!"

Anna sat curled on the couch, wringing her hands, "Do you think Newt said something to her? About his time in New York - maybe she wants to settle things."

"She shouldn't care! If she's so happy with him being engaged, shouldn't that be enough to assume that there was nothing between..." Queenie whipped to look at Anna, gauging to see if tears were appearing in her eyes. "I mean, she should feel confident in their relationship."

"Maybe this has nothing to do with that... maybe she's just - will you stop crumbling the paper? It could be important."

Queenie was on the verge of ripping the letter right in two, "I don't see why. We're upset with Newt, right?"

Anna swallowed hard, but mumbled, "Can you please read it to me? We can stop if it's complete nonsense."

She gave her sister a look of sympathy and quietly stretched out the letter to make out the written words upon it:

"Dear Adelaide,

My name is Leta Lestrange, a friend of Newt's and the Scamander family. You're probably wondering how I came to find you, but I can explain that all later if you accept my offer.

I've realized that you're a dear friend to Newt and he hasn't been quite the same since he left. And I thought of a brilliant plan to cheer him up. I'm offering to bring you to England to surprise him."

"Adelaide, I don't think this is such a..."

"Keep going!" Anna stated, her eyes glassy and glued to the coffee table.

"Newt's assistant Bunty has agreed to help and has provided a place for you to stay while you visit. I hope you'll consider coming to see an old friend, I have a suspicion that he misses you very much. Maybe you'll even think about staying for a good while.

Please send back a letter with your response promptly and we'll set a date for your arrival.

Sincerely,

Leta Lestrange"

Queenie held the note gingerly in her fingers as she peered back at her sister, "Addie?" She didn't know how to put her thoughts into words, "I understand that this is completely up to you. And I get that this may be a hard decision for you considering recent events. But you have to go!"

Anna snapped her head up, "What?"

"No, hear me out! You get to go to England and live with his assistant and give him a taste of his own medicine. Just stay up there for a few weeks and completely ignore him, let him know that you're upset. You can blame the visit on a new internship at St. Mungo's - you could say that you want the experience."

Clearly, Anna believed her sister was out of her mind, "You want me to waste a whole month going to England and make Newt feel terrible about the way he treated me? Are you serious?"

Queenie clicked her fingers, "Don't make it sound like that. Think about how his engagement made you feel - aren't you still mad about that? I'd say you get some revenge for it. And it's not like you have to see him everyday, you'll be living in a different apartment. Bunty could give you the scoop on his daily habits and the rest of the time you could be learning at St. Mungo's."

Her mind was swaying and Anna wasn't sure how to interpret it, scratching at her unkempt hair, "I don't know, Queenie. This seems like such an elaborate way to get back at him. If I just stay here I don't have to see him or worry about what I'm going to say to him."