HABITS

THE PAIN A KID FEELS when they realize children are "supposed" to have a mom AND a dad is bad enough

THE PAIN A KID FEELS when they realize children are "supposed" to have a mom AND a dad is bad enough. When the child finds out that the reason they don't have a father is because he had another family the entire time? Even worse. But that's not where it stopped for Lennon Wesley. Not only did she not have a father, she had a father who had another family, but that family lived on the same island that she lived on with her mother.

The 2 different Wesley families both lived in Kildare county which housed an island in North Carolina's Outer Banks. Kildare was separated into two different "tribes" if you may, the Kooks and the Pogues. The Kooks were the rich second homers who lived in Figure 8. The Pogues had 2 jobs instead of 2 homes and for the most part barely made it by, and they lived in the Cut. They were the lowlifes who were almost entirely neglected by the Kooks, not that they complained really. Rhett Wesley and his family lived in Figure 8 as he was one of the more well known businessmen in Figure 8. Ella Wesley, on the other hand, lived in the Cut with her daughter, Lennon.

There was an 8 month period where Rhett Wesley felt some sort of remorse for what he'd done to Ella and Lennon. He convinced the woman to let their daughter live with him and his family and attend "Kook Academy" when the girl was 14. About a month before the school year was due to be over, shit hit the fan and Lennon was sent back to the Cut. Since then, the girl has little to no contact with her father, not that she was too upset about it. She'd never really thought of the man as her father since he'd never really put in any effort. But still, sometimes the pain was there. Did she even matter to the man?

Lennon was 100% a Pogue, maybe that's why some people at "Kook Academy" didn't like her all too much. She spent almost all of her time with her 4 best friends: John Booker Routledge, JJ Maybank, Pope Heyward, and Kiara Carrera. The mother-daughter duo had been neighbors to the Routledge boys for what seemed like an eternity. Big John moved into what was deemed "the Chateau" when his son, John B, was only a couple of months old. From then on, Lennon and John B were the best of friends, spending almost all day every day together. Along the way they met their other 3 friends and their friend group was complete.

The girl was the closest to JJ and John B, they were her boys. Both boys meant different things to the girl. Sure, she'd definitely had a huge crush on the blonde boy since she realized in the 5th grade that maybe boys were cute, but she'd never tell him. Lennon had a 6 year long crush on JJ and was pretty sure he'd never feel the same way, but it didn't keep her from living her best life with her best friend.

Normally, summers in the Outer Banks were full of the Pogues adventuring around the island, surfing, attending/hosting parties, and working their summer jobs. However, with the impending threat of hurricane Agatha, it seemed like the group of Pogues summer plans weren't going to be exactly what they thought they'd be. But they were sure as hell going to have fun and roll with the punches, no matter how big they were.