nine☀︎

lennon's povsunday | 3:48pmthe chateau

lennon's pov
sunday | 3:48pm
the chateau

"2 DAYS, KIE!" I yelled as we made the walk from my house to the Chateau. "Two days since i've talked to the boy. I knew your plan wouldn't end well." She groaned, raking her hands through her hair, "Well, how am I supposed to know where the plan went to shit if you won't tell me what happened when JJ ran after you on Friday?"

I guess she was right.

After the kiss friday night, things got awkward. All day yesterday and the majority of today, the boy had basically ignored me. He won't even look at me.

"And you never will."

Kie shoved me as we walked up onto the screened in porch. "I hate you." John B glared at the Carrera girl. He was always so protective over me. "Why do you hate my Lennon?" Kie looked up at the boy and just shook her head, "Wouldn't you like to know."

That's when John B gave me a look and I just shook my head. "It's nothing, Bub. Just something that happened friday, Kie keeps bothering me for details." He poked my nose, smirking down at me, "No secrets between pogues." I poked his nose back, "Except for this one."

He pouted at me and I just rolled my eyes and walked over, snatching the blunt from JJ's hand. I didn't care if we weren't talking, I needed to take a hit. "You bitch." he mumbled under his breath.

My eyes widened as I turned to face him, "Seriosuly? What the fuck did I do to you?" He sat up and got in my face, "You know exactly what you did." I shoved him back, he kissed me the last time I checked. So why was he getting so pissy at me?

"And you know what you did! And i'm pretty sure I don't deserve this asshole behavior from you of all people." I threw the blunt to the ground, my heart rate skyrocketing. "I'm not the one who tried to ruin things, ya know acting like a slut."

A sour taste filled my mouth and before I knew it, I was spitting in the blonde's face. "Go to hell, JJ Maybank." He angrily wiped the spit from his face, fire in his eyes. "You mean the place you'd be if I didn't save your suicidal ass from drowning yourself 2 years ago? I know that place."

My heart dropped. Did he seriously just say that?

I slapped him across the face, tears stinging my eyes. "I fucking hate you." My words were quiet as I couldn't quite believe that he'd spilled the one secret I asked him to keep.

I stumbled backward, the world going quiet as I tripped down the stairs of the porch. I caught myself omg the hard ground before pushing myself back to my feet before running off. I needed to go somewhere.

Anywhere but here.

☆☆☆

sunday | 4:23pm
tannyhill

"Lennon?" My bloodshot eyes connected with the blonde girl in front of me, "Is-is he home?" Sarah just nodded and stepped out of the way, letting me enter their home.

I all but ran up the stairs, stopping every few feet to wipe the tears from my eyes. Since I knew this place like the back of my hand, I reach my desired destination quickly. Hesitating for just a second, I knocked carefully on the wooden door.

The shuffling of feet could be heard before the door swung open, his eyes immediately softening upon seeing my state. "Lennon?" What's with the Cameron siblings and just saying my name today?

I stood up on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck, smashing my lips into his. He immediately kissed back, wrapping an arm around my waist before pulling me back into the room. He shut the door and guided us to his queen sized bed. The back of my knees hit the bed and I fell backwards, Rafe catching himself before all of his body weight landed on me.

He broke from the kiss and propped himself up, staring down at me. "Can we have that talk now?" Rafe's voice was quiet. I shrugged, "As long as you don't bring up that last talking point." His cheeks reddened when he realized I had found his notecard at the country club 2 days prior.

"I was wondering where that damn piece of paper went." I reached up and brushed a piece of his fallen hair back. "It was so cheesy and unlike you." He looked away for a second, before letting his eyes reconnect with mine. "I mean, I was worried about you. Len, I still care about you."

"Don't."

He sighed, still hovering over top of me. "And that last one... I just want to know wh—" I scoffed at him, "You know exactly the reason why, don't kid yourself. You just refuse to believe it."

"I'm not the same person I was then. I've grown up... and matured." I rolled my eyes at the desperate boy. I didn't come here to hear him beg. It was repulsive. "Just shut up and fucking kiss me. Ok?"

And so he did.

a/n: i'm sorry