one☀︎

lennon's povfriday | 3:07pmkildare county high school

lennon's pov
friday | 3:07pm
kildare county high school

"IT'S OFFICIALLY SUMMER, LEN. You should be excited!" My eyes flickered over to Kiara, or Kie, as we walked out of the front doors of our high school.

"Normally, i'd agree with you. But school being over just means I have to pick up more shifts at the country club." A small groan escaped my mouth. The country club I worked at was over on Figure 8 and I pretty much just had to deal with Kooks the whole time, not the most fun job. Kie threw her hands out to the side, "You don't have to start that til tomorrow, why don't you let loose today?"

I huffed in agreement as we climbed in the back of our beloved Twinkie, our friend John Booker Routledge's beat up van. "What noobs, you actually both went to the entire last day of school?"

"Some of us didn't want to fail our sophomore year, John B." I laughed, shoving his head as I took the spot behind the driver seat. He playfully shoved me back as we waited for our friend Pope.

Normally, I would've taken the front seat, but our beloved blonde haired friend occupied the spot. Dear JJ Maybank seemed to have skipped the last day of school with John B. Only a couple more minutes passed before Pope jumped inside, sliding the door shut behind him. "And we're off!"

Before completely leaving the school parking lot, John B looked into the rear view mirror, his gaze falling on Kie. "You got stuff to spend the night?" We were closer to Figure 8 at this point and John B wanted to make sure our Kook friend had what she needed before we made our way to the other side of the island. "Left a bag at your place yesterday."

As if he could read my mind, JJ turned around in his seat and handed me his juul. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I took it, getting a few puffs in. "I hate that you two do that." Pope mumbled and I shot him a glare.

"Until you've been through what we have, you don't get to judge our drug habits." JJ spat back. I kind of agreed with him. It's not like we were doing hard drugs, it was just the juul and the occasional weed. So what?

"No fighting, ladies." Kie called out. I couldn't help but giggle at her comment, earning myself a glare from JJ. I winked at him in response, only causing him to roll his eyes and face the front once again. "Kegger at the boneyard tonight?" I suggested, taking another hit from the juul.

There was a chorus of agreements followed by a groan from Pope, but we all knew that we'd end up drunk by the end of the night. What a better way to start off the summer than with a kegger?

☆☆☆

friday | 9:17pm
the boneyard

"What number cup is that?" my brown eyes flickered up to meet his. I chewed the inside of my lip as I counted. We'd been here for a couple hours surrounded by other pogues, kooks, and tourons that my beer count was fuzzy. "If it takes you that long to count, then it's too much."