two☀︎

lennon's povsaturday | 8:03amthe wesley's house

lennon's pov
saturday | 8:03am
the wesley's house

MY EYES FLUTTERED OPEN only to squeeze shut once again at the harsh light pouring into my room. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked around the room, letting out a shriek when I saw JJ standing at the end of my end.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?"

He pouted and sat down on the corner of my twin sized bed, "You didn't say bye to us last night." I rolled my eyes, propping myself up on my elbows, "That doesn't warrant you breaking into my house while i'm asleep." The blonde boy laughed, flopping down on his back. He flicked my foot that was still under the covers, only earning a kick to the ribs.

A groan escaped his mouth, "First of all, that hurt like a bitch. And second, I didn't break in. Your Mom kindly welcomed me in as she left for work."

An inhuman noise left my mouth as I scrambled out of my bed. Work. I had to be at the country club today. "Fuck, what time is it?"

I asked, searching my room for my uniform. JJ laughed rather loudly, "It's like just past 8, Len. You don't have to be there til like 9ish, right?" After picking up my phone and seeing that he wasn't lying, I calmed down some.

My work issued polo was laying in the corner, dirty of course, but I reluctantly picked it up. It was an ugly mustard yellow color. Who would voluntarily pick this color? I grabbed a pair of black linen shorts, honestly just thankful that the country club allowed us to wear shorts during the summer. "You've got a cute ass."

I spun around quickly, glaring at my blonde friend. It was then I remembered what I was wearing, a tank top and my underwear. "You're a bitch." Of course he was staring at my ass right now. I threw a random pair of shorts at him, successfully hitting him in the face with it.

He muttered a string of curses at me as I walked across the hall to my bathroom. Knowing the sneakiness of my best friend, I locked the door behind me and quickly stripped out of the clothes I was wearing. Quickly replacing them with my work clothes, I began getting ready for work. After trying to braid the mess that I call my hair, I gave up and resorted to just swiping on a couple layers of mascara.

I rejoined JJ in my bedroom and threw my tank top onto my bed, "Want me to braid your hair, Princess?" A pout formed on my lips, how'd he know me so well? "If you don't mind." He motioned for me to sit on the floor and I handed him my hair ties.

Not really sure where the blonde boy learned how to braid hair, but i'm not complaining. Within minutes, my hair was perfectly done in 2 french braids. I tilted my head back to look up at the boy, "You're the best, J." A smile broke out on his face and he decided to squeeze my cheeks. "I know I am."

I can't with this boy.

☆☆☆

saturday | 8:57am
figure 8 country club

"Stuck at the bar this morning?" I turned to see my coworker, Shelley, walking toward me. I nodded, resting my arms on the counter in front of me. "Not sure why they keep sticking me here, i'm 16. Aren't I not allowed to serve alcohol?" Shelley was in her late 20s, but she was more like a friend to me than anything else.

"These Kooks don't give a shit about laws." She'd never made a more true statement.

"Get to your station, Baker, people want to rent golf carts and can't do that if the golf cart girl isn't at her desk." Shelley rolled her eyes at Trenton's, our manager, statement. I laughed at the girl and kept minding my own business.

About 30 minutes later, I could hear footsteps entering the bar area. "Let me get a mai tai, darlin'." I cringed at the voice.

I spun around seeing Rafe and his friends, for the second time in 24 hours. "Nice try, Cameron. I'm very well aware that you're only 19, how about a strawberry smoothie instead?" I smirked at the boy, leaning my arms on the counter and letting my chin rest in my hands.

"Just get me my mai tai, Lennon." Rafe seethed. I nodded my head to the wall behind me the 'you must be 21 or over to consumer alcohol' sign displayed there.

He slammed his fist down on the wooden counter top. I refrained from flinching, I couldn't let him know the power he had over me. I was used to his threats and aggressive actions.

My eyes searched his face, his pupils wide and a small remnants of white powder on his nose. "Isn't it a little early to... ya know?" I swiped my finger underneath my nose. Rafe's eyes opened wider, he didn't want to be caught.

I couldn't help but laugh at the boy. He may be physically more powerful, but i'd always be smarter.

Spinning around, I tossed some fruit and just into the blender before turning it on. I poured the blended contents into a cup, putting a lid on, before facing the group of boys again. I slid the smoothie over to Rafe and pulled out 2 water bottles for the others. "Enjoy your day!"

Rafe scoffed and snatched the smoothie, storming off with Kelce and Topper in tow. Making Rafe Cameron mad is as always a favorite pastime of mine.

"Morning, spawn of satan."

My eyes narrowed at the short bleach blonde. I was rather tall and so was my Dad, so it was a surprise that she didn't get the tall gene. "Good morning, Reagan." If I weren't at work, I probably would've called her something else.

"I need a lemonade." she leaned forward on the counter, "I'm here with my boyfriend, so make it quick." Reagan had a boyfriend? Since when. All I knew about the chick was her talent of hooking up with every boy with a heartbeat. "Boyfriend?"

An evil smirk stretched across her face, "Oh ya know, Rafe is pretty sweet when you get down to it." I almost choked on my own saliva. I quickly got out her lemonade for her, setting it on the counter. "Your boyfriend was all over me last night, you know that right?"

This time she rolled her eyes, "Guess he just has a thing for us Wesley girls." She blew me a kiss before strutting off out to the greens.

Rafe? She was dating that dirt bag? 

It made me sick. Not that I really cared about Reagan's well being. But why him? Of all people!

I dropped my head into my hands, groaning as I did. Today sure as hell was going to be a long day.