three☀︎

lennon's pov saturday | 7:13pmthe wesley's house

lennon's pov
saturday | 7:13pm
the wesley's house

THE FIRST THING I DID was get in the shower. It was the perfect thing to relax me after a long day. The only thing that could top it would be one of JJ's blunts.

I stood in the water, letting it run over me. I only had 3 total run ins today with Rafe, Raegan, and Rafe's bitches, which was 3 more than i'd hoped for... but ya get what ya get. Amirite?

After probably 20 minutes, I finally shut off the shower and got out. I moisturized, as one does, and then wrapped my towel around my body to walk across the hall to my bedroom. I used to just make a beeline for my room while commando, but when one of mom's work friends almost saw me a year ago, mom made me at least wrap a towel around my body.

"Fucking hell!" I shrieked, "What is with you boys and breaking into my house today?" John B stopped in the middle of my room, just laughing at my reaction. That was when I noticed a duffle bag of mine in his left hand and a bikini top of mine in his right. "What're you doing?"

He shoved the bikini top into the bag before walking to my dresser and opening the drawer that held my underwear and bras. "Packing for you. You know it's tradition to sleepover the night a hurricane is supposed to hit." Now that I thought about it, the weather did seem pretty shitty on my drive home today. "I don't know how comfortable I am with you digging through my underwear drawer."

John B stopped his packing and turned to face me, "You say that as if I haven't packed for you before or helped you fold your laundry." I rolled my eyes, he was right. I sat down on my head, still in the towel I used to dry my body off. "Could you hand me some clothes to put on while you're over there?" He didn't really respond, instead I just saw clothes flying over his shoulder.

I got up and picked up the bra and underwear he chose, "The lacy ones?" He turned his head, a smirk evident on his face, "A boy can dream, right?" I scoffed before picking up the pair of athletic shorts and t-shirt he'd chosen. What a stark contrast.

John B and I had been friends since before either of us could remember. His family moved in next door to my mom and I when he was just 3 months old. We've literally grown up together. Hell, we even took baths together as kids. Not gonna lie, there was a period of time when I was little that I had this massive crush on him. But apparently at that point JJ was head over heels for me and John B didn't like that. Thus, the rule was formed.

No pogue on pogue macking.

I changed my outfit quickly, before coming through my hair. It was knotted and I wasn't about to let that go. "Almost ready to head out?" John B questioned showing up at the bathroom door i'd just recently opened. "I need sh—" He held up a pair of sandals and I happily took them, dropping to the ground and sliding them on.

"Want a ride?" the floppy haired boy asked, meaning a piggy back ride. I gleefully accepted the offer and hopped on his back. My duffle bag was strapped across his chest, therefore, his arms weren't occupied and he hooked them underneath my thighs. "Onward!" he spoke enthusiastically.

A laugh escaped my mouth as he mumbled some sort of theme song, making his way down the main hallway of my house. "John Booker Routledge, you got food at your house?" Mom only ever called John B by his full name when she was totally serious. She knew how the kid sometimes went days without food since he could barely afford anything, and that absolutely drove her insane. "Uh—"

"Lennon, grab these 2 bags and take 'em with you. Alright? They're full of food for you kiddos." Mom handed me two grocery bags before kissing both mine and John B's cheeks. She bid us goodnight before retreating to her bedroom.

"Goodnight, Miss Ella!" John B called out, exiting my house. He made the short walk over to the Chateau, me still on his back. "We're home!" He yelled as we walked up onto the porch. The door swung open to reveal Kie, the girl welcoming us as John B entered the house.

I let out a squeal when two strong hands on my waist lifted me off of John B's back. I was placed on my feet and the 2 grocery bags were removed from my hands by the culprit. None other than, the blonde haired JJ Maybank. "Can't let our Princess be carrying in the groceries." He mumbled to me before walking off to the kitchen.

As I fell down beside Kie on the couch, I let my gaze focus on the 3 boys unloading the bags in the kitchen. They were 'ooo'ing and 'ahh'ing at all of the products my mother had bought. "Anybody up for some pb&j's?" Pope called out. There was a unanimous agreement amongst us all and then the boys went to work on making the sandwiches.

I'd have to remind mom to pick up another loaf of bread tomorrow. We go through those things so fast.

"And the hurricane has arrived." JJ spoke, his mouth full of food. The first thunder clap could be heard in the distance and even just looking outside, you could tell by the torrential downpour that the storm had arrived. This was going to be a long night.

"Let the games begin."

☆☆☆

sunday | 3:57am
the chateau

A clap of thunder that shook the entire chateau managed to wake me from my slumber. At this point, it was like I was hyper aware of all of the thunder and destruction that was taking place outside... and I couldn't fall back asleep.

I was terrified. I really, really hated storms. It's not that I was scared of getting hurt by one, it was more of the fact that I felt so small and vulnerable. Always feeling like something bad was going to happen.

Carefully, I crawled off the couch, careful not to wake Kie who was sleeping next to me. Pope was sleeping on the other couch while John B was in his own room and JJ was in Big John's. My bare feet padded across the wooden floors as I made my way to where the bedrooms were. I stopped for a second as I arrived in the spot between the two rooms, debating on which one to enter.

"Fuck it." I mumbled, entering the one on the left. "Hmm?" a voice called out as I quietly shut the door behind me. "Who's there?" I ran my fingers through my ratty hair, I don't know why I was so nervous being in here. It's not like I haven't cuddled with my friends before. "JJ, can I sleep in here with you?"

And in the faint light that came in through the windows from outside, I saw the blonde boy lift up the blanket. "In you go, Princess." Without hesitation, I stepped forward, climbing into the bed with the boy I most definitely haven't had a crush on for 6 years now.

Definitely not him.

"Scared?" he whispered into my ear, sending tingles down my spine. His arm wrapped around my torso as he pulled me closer into his bare chest, my back to his front. "In a way, yeah." JJ understood what I meant without me even explaining it any further. The boy knew me well.

A quiet laugh left my mouth, "I could really use a blunt right now." JJ's hot breath on my neck from him laughing too, did weird things to my stomach and I wasn't a fan.

"It's a little late for that. Maybe in a few hours?" he suggested and I nodded in agreement. He placed a kiss just behind my ear before snuggling back down onto a comfortable position, leaving me rather uneasy, "G'night, Princess."

"G'night, J."