Chapter 14

Kairo's POV

"Sis"

I walked up to my sister. My pace going faster and faster.

I hugged her.

She looked confused but got along with it.

"I missed you"

"So much"

She smiled and looked down at me as she said, "You just saw me yesterday. Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all"

I gave a reassuring smile.

I feel like I'm in paradise.

I want this to last forever.

Forever.

I see nothing. Its all black.

I feel my whole body is tired. I feel my skin on top of clean bedsheets. I open my eyes slightly.

"Kairo!"

"

Y/N, I thought-"

I looked around the room as I try to remember what happened. It was all a blur.

"What? Did somethign happened?

She knelt down on the bed and touched my forehead, worried. "Hm. You don't have a fever. That's good!"

I looked at the window, it was night time. I guess it all happened yesterday huh?

"You want to go outside?"

"Uhm" I looked at her and wanted to reject but she cut me off.

"I have a surprise for you though. Wait right here." She stood up and hurriedly walked towards the door. I felt a glimpse of excitement. I looked at my hands.

What happened?

I heard the doorknob click and I looked up.

Y/N pushed Akiro inside as she said "Hurry, hurry"

Akiro looked at me and smiled. "Y/N's been quite excited today huh?"

I gave him a huge smile. "Yeah. Cute"

"Happy Birthday to you" Y/N sang as she opened the door, wearing a birthday hat. We both almost forgot it was my birthday.

As she went in with a cake and was also wearing a birthday hat. I felt sad, happy, excited all at the same time.

She walked towards the side of my bed as she grabbed Akiro on the arm pulling him closer, continuing the birthday song.

"Its 12 am, October 3rd. Its your birthday! Happy Birthday!" Y/N chirped.

"Make a wish" Akiro said as I looked at the chocolate cake with 2 candles each for me and akiro and has a calligraphy written 'Happy Birthday Akiro and Kairo!'

"You first" I said. "Just do it at the same time. My hands are tired." Y/N commanded as she pouted.

Me and Kairo both smiled and closed our eyes. When I opened, Akiro asked " you done?" I nodded yes. We both blew th candles as Y/N asked "What were your wishes?"

"We can't tell you that. It wont come true then. I only smiled as Akiro said that.

Y/N looked outside the window and looked amazed. "Look. That star looks so big" "that one too" akiro followed.

I looked towards the night sky and saw the two shiny stars they were talking about. It lighted up the sky. "It looks beauti-"

I froze as I looked back and saw no one. No cake. No birthday hats. Nothing. It was like they werent there anymore.

"Huh? Y/N! Akiro! I don't want to play games right now. I just want to eat some cake." I stood up and went out the door. "Hey! Don't try and scare ah?" I searched the whole house. Every corner, I looked. They werent there.

"B-but where?" I went outside and I looked back up the sky. The two stars were still shining.

"I-i dont want to be alone. Please come back." I told the two stars. "Give them back!" Rage, regret and sadness flowed through me.

"Huh? Am I.....dead? Or are 'they' dead?"

Who do you think is dead??? Or will no one die or will they all die??