16.

"Well how I remember it isn't much different but it goes, Prince Elias, Princess Nessie, and Drake all return to the Southern Kingdom. However the king didn't die from Drakes parting blast! Instead, he was hiding in his castle, awaiting the dragons return to finish him off. Prince Elias and Princess Nessie had no idea until they accidentally overheard the maids of the castle voicing their concerns with how the king would handle having the Princess of Dragons marrying his son when the king does not like dragons at all. So hearing that, Prince Elias decided to stash away his princess and dragon. He hid Nessie in his room and Drake was hidden in a nearby forest cave. That way, Prince Elias could discuss these matters with his father, without having to worry about a bloody mess again. And after some time, he found the king hidden away in his gold room. Gold covered the floors and piled up the walls, the only way through it all was a narrow little trail to the fireplace and his fathers armchair. Nobody was allowed in the gold room except the king but that didn't stop Prince Elias. He kneeled beside his father who watched the fire with his own fire in his eyes," I give a suspenseful look as I point at my eye.

     ""Father, I have come to tell you that I am getting married," the prince spoke gently, as if not to awaken the scary side of his father. "To whom?" The king spoke just as quietly but his eyes had a scary tint. "Princess Nessie of the Eastern Kingdom. She saved my life and for that, I owe it to her," the prince placed a hand over his heart. "The Princess of Dragons? You decided to wed the Princess of Dragons? Are you mad boy?! She sleeps with those beasts lurking around her kingdom as if they're harmless pets!" The king roared at his son. Both men stood to their feet quickly," I hop out of bed to stand with my hands out in front of me, just to add a little theatrics like Rune. My ending will be better than his.

     ""I will not allow it!" The king hollered again and reached for a golden sword. "Father, I'm not asking for you to allow it, I'm simply asking for you to come to the celebration. This will unite our kingdoms and establish peace between man and dragon," Prince Elias pulled up his own sword, it wasn't nearly as shiny as the one the king had pulled from his gold pile but it was strong. "How dare you speak back onto me, I am the king," the king pointed his sword at the prince and the prince held his up just the same. Neither man moved," I hold up a flashlight, as one of the swords, and stand in a fighting stance before both Rune and Maddie. Maddie laughs a little but I can tell she already likes this version better than the one Rune came up with. She's a sucker for action.

     "But just before the men were to leap at each other, Princess Nessie of the Eastern Kingdom walks into the room, instantly lighting it up with her beauty. Nessie did not like conflict, especially meaningless conflict and she deemed this dispute between king and prince meaningless. "Halt this meaningless battle," her voice was gentle but firm. "If you do not wish to have dragons in your kingdom, I understand but I suggest you reconsider. The dragons in my Eastern Kingdom work peacefully beside man because man does not hold a sword against them ever. If you would do the same, these 'beasts' how you put, would not attack you like you think," Princess Nessie speaks directly to the king before she turns to the prince. "And if he does not wish to come to our wedding, so be it. That is his choice however you know that won't stop the wedding so no need to draw swords," she speaks to the prince but eventually the the conversation is spoken towards both the men and the swords are dropped. Her negotiation worked and the next day, Princess Nessie and Prince Elias both got married under a beautiful apple tree. Drake was close by and the king was there as well. Both kingdoms joined in peace and dragons were no longer an enemy," I conclude, grabbing my blankets from Maddie's bed. "Now, that's it for tonight. It's already dark outside, look!" I point to a sky window she had in her room, the sky like black outside.

     "Okay, okay," Maddie grumbles a little but settles back down, under her covers. I pull them closer up to her shoulders.

     "Which ending did you like better?" Rune asks before we leave.