38.

"She saved our prince, make her our queen!" Someone yells over the cheers.

Seeing how the crowd is going nuts over this announcement, Rune pulls me against him and plants a kiss on my lips. The crowd goes bananas seeing this. "See? They love you," he smirks after pulling away. This releases the tension I had built up and I left out a sigh of relief.

"Are there any questions that I didn't get to before we close this event?" Once the crowd dies down a little, Rune turns back to them.

One man raises his hand and Rune points down at him. He stands. "Why isn't the king healing as he should and are there any indications that he may not make it?"

"We're not exactly sure why he isn't healing as he should, especially after the antidote has been administered, but I want you all to be aware that there is always that chance that one may not make it through something like this. His wound is deep, down to the bone and by the time we'd found him, he'd been immobilized and was no longer able to speak at that time. Of course, we're hoping things go up for him, though, he's currently in a stuck state of being. Anymore questions?" Rune clarifies and the man takes notes. He must be part of a tabloid or something.

"When is your wedding and will it be a public ceremony, my prince?" A woman asks now, standing as well. Many others nod their heads in similar wonder.

"Ah haha," Rune scratches the back of his head, laughing nervously, before he looks to me. I simply give him a smile. "We haven't really mapped it out yet, I'll let everyone know when the time gets closer. Anyone else?" He regains his composure and points to another.

"Regarding the funeral, your highness. Will the funeral progress in the royal burial grounds or the common grounds seeing as how Prince Zulot committed some traitorous crimes against the people?" Another woman asks.

"He still has the royal blood, so even while he did commit treasonous crimes, he will be buried in the royal grounds. However, we will be putting him in a separate area of these grounds, with other traitorous royals of the past, and cremating him. One last question," he clarifies before pointing to another person.

"Prince Rune, will you rule in the meantime of the voting process?" The man who asks looks up at us with his notepad ready.

"The responsibilities of the kingdom will fall on me, yes. As I am next in line, especially since Princess Kassenna has declined the procession of herself to the throne. I will hold the responsibilities until a final vote has been made," he gives the crowd a nod and most nod back as the man who'd asked scribbles in his notebook. I notice the cameraman, a little off to our side but still in front of us, taps his watch. I pull on Runes sleeve a little to get his attention and nod to the camera. "That's all we have time for today, friends. Thank you for coming out today and tuning in," he waves as we make our way back inside. The crowd cheers from below until the balcony doors close, cancelling out the sound.

"I'd say that went swimmingly," Kassenna approaches with a servant who holds fresh water and other snacks on a tray. I take a handful of grapes.

"I was so nervous for nothing. Everyone is so accepting," I'm still in a little bit of awe at how smooth that whole event went as I comment my observations.

"Doll, you have no idea. They only just met you and already love you," Carli comes up to us, a tablet in hand.

"How do you know?" My curiosity gets the best of me and I blurt out the question as I peer down at the device.