40.

As I walk down the stairs to the grand entrance of the castle, Carli in tow behind me, Rune stands at the bottom in a complimenting, black dress suit. Once he turns around and spots me, I catch a glimpse of mulled over sorrow before his eyes sparkle at me.

"This may be a funeral but you look perfect," he takes my gloved hand and leads me down the rest of the stairs.

"You too," I smile, enchanted by his regal aura. "I mean, you look handsome. The suit is very nice," I catch my words as I openly check him out. He laughs as my eyes scan how fitting his clothes are. The blouse and jacket hug his biceps and his broad chest while his pants hug all the right aspects of his legs and bum. A small red pocket handkerchief, silver threading on the edges, slips out to reveal his colors a little.

"Have your fix? Shall we go then?" He pulls my eyes back up to him, an amused expression on his face brings a whole blush up to mine. I was openly checking him out but still blushed.

I offer up a slightly embarrassed nod, complimented with a smile as we make our way outside and into an actual car. Or so it seems. Once we sit inside, I notice the lack of a driver and immediately look to Rune.

"Good morning, Prince Rune. Where would you like to go today?" An AI voices through the entire vehicle as side panels, holding refreshments, light up inside.

"Royal Burial Grounds today, Apollo," Rune sits on one side, pulling me in with him before the door shuts after us.

"My sincere condolences, Prince Rune," the AI expresses before the car begins moving.

"Apollo?" I turn to Rune with amusement.

"Yes, Lady Vanessa?" The AI addresses me instead as Rune gives me a smile.

"Where is the Dragon Pond in relation to the Royal Burial Grounds?" I decide to use my calling wisely as I give Rune a little smile.

"The Dragon Breeding Pond is an eighth of a mile away from the Royal Burial Grounds. Would you like to go there now?" Apollo the AI asks.

"Ah, no, no. To the Royal Burial Grounds, please," I stutter a little before turning to Rune. "They're so close," I note the proximity of each location.

"In this kingdom, both life and death are to be celebrated as equals. And yes, Apollo because he was a god of knowledge and intellect, a fitting name for an AI," Rune nods now as the car comes to a stop. I instantly look around.

"We have arrived, Prince Rune, Lady Vanessa," Apollo informs us as a crowd gathers outside.

Rune takes my hand and turns to me before we get out. "There will be a lot of cameras flashing. If anyone touches you, yank on my hand. If you want, wrap your elbow in mine, this will keep us closer. This won't be fun, Ness," he waits for my nod before he pulls me out of the car with him. Soon enough, I'm awed by the huge crowd of people joined here. The crowd parts as soon as we step out and cameras indeed begin flashing.

"It's Prince Rune!" Some whispers are heard amongst the crowd.

"Look at Lady Vanessa!" Others whisper as cameras continue to flash.

I pat down my black dress and wrap my arm around Runes bent one before we begin walking through the crowd. Thankfully, nobody touches me and we make it through, into a large, gated grass area. Headstones and bigger mausoleums sit, plotted randomly. Then, we make our way into another gated area. This time, it holds a big tomb entrance and another tomb off to the side, not nearly as big as the one we stand before now. I give a small nod of respects as this one seems like the royal tombs.