26.

Once we make it to the mall, I quickly find a parking space and we all help Sandra into the building.

"There has to be something here that we can use to at least get the bullet out!" I pace around frantically looking through various things in the home store as Maddie sits on a bed with Sandra and Rune sits outside, his legs folded like a monk. "Fishing wire! We can stitch it up with fishing wire," the idea sparks up but Rune quickly puts it out.

"You need to get the bullets out before you do any sewing," he opens a single eye before quickly closing it again and continuing with his meditation.

"Where's that medic you were taking about earlier?" I snap a little at him, instantly regretting my tone. "Sorry, I'm sorry. I just feel so useless," I apologize immediately and take a seat next to him.

"It's okay," he simply puts before continuing whatever he's doing.

"What're you doing?" I ask, the curiosity taking over.

"I'm calling over a dragon. It'll take us to the kingdom, where my medic is," he raises an eyebrow, eyes still closed as a small smirk rests on his lips.

"How long until it gets here?" I ask, trying to extinguish my anxiety.

"I can't find a close one so it'll be a little while. Relax," he doesn't open his eyes or anything so I leave him to summon his dragons.

We need something with tweezers that way I can pull the bullets out. A nail kits tweezers would be too short, I'd need long like science tweezer tongs. Where on earth would I get those?

Then, it strikes me.

"Pharmacies. Did we see any pharmacies here?" I turn on my heels and ask Rune.

"You mean those places that have a lot of drugs, or at least did at one point?" He asks.

"Yeah," I confirm with a nod.

"There was one but it was on the far side of town. My dragon would be here by the time you'd get there on foot and with those guys out there looking for us, there's no way in hell you're going," he immediately stands and faces me.

"We need to get those bullets out of her! Do you have any other suggestions?" I fold my arms over my chest.

"There's a supermarket two blocks behind us. It has a pharmacy," Sandra grunts from the bed, making us both turn to look at her. "We should all go," she moves to get up but we all rush to her side to sit her back down.

"You can't move in these conditions," I gently ease her back down. "I'll go. You all stay here. It's still dark out, there could be anything out there," I speak up as I see Maddie's eyes widen with hope.

"And that's exactly why you should have another person with you," Rune puts a hand on my shoulder.

"He's right. Take Maddie," Sandra agrees with him.

"Absolutely not. I'd have a different answer if it was daytime, but it's not," I immediately shake my head to the idea. It's way too dangerous.

"No, she's right. I have to focus on guiding our dragon here. I can protect Sandra if anyone approaches but I can't be moving around and preoccupied too much. You need to take Maddie," Rune agreed with Sandra and that is where I'm outnumbered.

"Dragon?" Maddie asks, growing a little pale.

"Yeah darling, that's how we're getting out of here," Rune gives her a nice smile. "It's okay, I won't let him eat anyone." Maddie still looks kind of anxious but it looks like Runes reassurance worked a little.