chapter 7: First mission

Sorry for the long wait guys 😔 I'm the worst ik. Anyway enjoy the update and have a lovely day 😊.

The group walked along an ally-way in silence. Clary at the front marching faster than the rest, her worry for Dot pushing her to go faster. Right behind her was Kristina, falling just a step behind Clary, she wanted to give the girl some space but stayed close in case of anything. Jace was matching Kristina's pace, trying to keep his gaze ahead of him instead of Kristina, yet still his eyes would wind up on her.

Adam and the rest were behind the rest in pairs, Adam with Alec (who was keeping his eyes on Jace) and Simon with Izzy. Both pairs were silently talking while the redhead at the front kept speeding up.

"you okay?" Jace questioned Kristina as he leaned closer into her side.

Just as the girl opened her mouth to reply Clary suddenly broke into a sprint.

"I swear I'm always chasing this girl" Kristina whispered before running after her best friend.

"Clary! Clary, stop! Where are you going?" She shouted after her

Clary stopped abruptly almost making Kristina bump into her

"Two men, Circle members... the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" Clary raised her voice as she gripped her necklace in hopes to get another glance at where Dot it.

"No. She was just trying to help me. Now, she's gone."

Kristina lightly took Clary's hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

"Clary, I'm sorry." Adam spoke as he came to a stop next to the two girls, resting a reasuring hand on the gingers shoulder.

"You don't understand. Dot's like my big sister." Clary spoke her eyes tearing up at the thought of anything bad happening to Dot.

Kristina's grip on Clary's hand tightened again as she whispered a sorry to Clary, reminding her that she was always there for her. Clary smiled lightly as she thought of Kristina alway being by her side, her family, her sister. She loved her endlessly and that made the pain of loosing dot lesser.

"It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now." Alec interrupted the moment between the girls hesitantly, trying to bring the groups attention back to the fact the circle members are roaming somewhere nearby.

"So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?" Clary argued looking around for someone to answer her.

"We're not giving up Clary" Kristina stated reasuring the girl. 

"There is another option." Jace and Adam said in sync humouring Kristina.

"Don't even..." "Absolutely not." Isabelle and Alec replied obviously understanding what the twins were talking about.

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jace stated making Adam roll his eyes

"Yeah you're not afraid of anything" he mumbled under his breath causing Kristina and isabelle to hold back a chuckle

"Who are the Silent Brothers?"

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers. Who possess the ability to recover memories." Kristina answered remembering what she read earlier that day.

She looked around awkwardly at the confused and amazed faces of the group and gave a half smile.

"I read about them in the codex today" a series of oh's followed as teh group git back on track

"A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Alec pointed out making a shiver run down Clary's back.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simon made a comment that went ignored yet again. After a hard glare from Alec Simon shut his mouth and stood back.

"We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way. I won't allow it."

Kristina held back the urge to roll her eyes, she understood why Alec was so presistent on following the Clave rules but this could realy help them.

"This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary's decision." Adam spoke out giving Alec a small warning glare to stay out.

"And Kristina's" Jace added "Her memories were blocked too"

Kristina smiled at the blonde in thanks, a slight blush creeping up her cheeks.

"You can't ask them to do this. They doesn't know what she's facing. They're not prepared." Isabelle stood up giving an apologetic look to Kristina.

Everyone turned to the pair waiting for a reaction from either.

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening." Clary   said, getting no responce

Kristina shrugged unbothered

"I just want my memories back"

"That settles it." Clary added finalising their decision

Adam smiled at Clary before slapping his hand on Alec's shoulder.

"See? I told you she's one of us."

>>>

The ride to the silent city was somewhat awkward, there were 5 seats and 7 people and addign to that Kristina hated Simon's driving. And although the girl insisted she drives he refused her offers. Of course Clary called shotgun, which left a really uncomfortable position for the rest of the group. Izzy gracefully agreed to sit in her brothers lap after giving Kristina a wink.

"Well either Adam's gonna sit on Jace's lap, which i would pay to see actually or i am" Kristina stated mater-of-factly earning a rather unexpected laugh from Alec and gigles from the girls.

Adam put his hands up as if surrendering a light chuckle escaping his lips.

"All you Kris" he motioned to the van, where Jace was already seated in the middle seat.

Their eyes met and suddenly Kristina didn't like the idea of sitting in Jace's lap at all.

With her cheeks burning red the brunette climbed cautiously into the van and carefully lowered herself onto Jace in a comfortable position.

Adam being quick to climb in after her shut the door, signeling Simon to take off barley giving Kristina enough time to grip onto Jace's shoulders for stability.

"Seriously Simon! This is why I don't let you drive" Kristina shouted at the mundane boy, shivering when Jace placed his hands on her waist. The heat from his body was enough to make the girl blush but the fire emitting from his fingertips on her waist made the girl gasp lightly.

"Its my van!" He retorted back

Kristina met Jace's eyes once again, admiring the bright blue and golden colours swiming around. Her lips turned up into a smile, silently thanking him for keeping her from flying across the van. Before Jace could return the smile Kristina turned back to Simon a smirk and blush evident on her face.

"I dont care!"

>>>

Alrighty, I was going to keep writing and give you guys a long chapter but i decided to just upload asap and this was a good place to finish.

Ps. You're beautiful and you're enough. Also you're needed, i need everyone of you to keep going 💓. I love you wonderful people hope you enjoyed the chapter.