Chapter 9: Church the cat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NikkiBloom_ have a great day and the rest of the year

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NikkiBloom_ have a great day and the rest of the year. I love you so much love, enjoy the

>>>

Kristina drove Simon's van back to the institute, deciding that she was the most capable, Clary sitting by her side and starting far out the window. She was taking out her built up anger on the other drivers of New York, swearing aggressively at anyone she believed was bad at driving.

Clary was Valantine's daughter, Kristina caught that from Alecs speech about the ginger being a spy. But that didn't effect how she looked at clary, she will always be her sister, her best friend. And right now she was angry and upset, it was definitely not the time to discuss what they saw, no matter how much Kristina itched to tell Clary of her memories.

Parking the van outside the institute, Kristina took a deep breath, hoping to break finally the heavy tension of  silence in the group.

"Clary, we'll get him back alive, I promise"

Clary nodded with a sad smile towards Kristina, staying silent as she made her way into the institute stomping louder than usual, the rest of the shadowhunters following behind her with shared looks.

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?" Clary said, getting angrier by the second.

Kristina understood the girl, she was angry herself, no matter how much banter she has with Simon he's still one of her best friends. The vampires took him and it fueled her rage.

"Because we protect humans." Isabelle answered with a sigh, clearly also affected by earlier events. Kristina's shoulder bumped with hers, and she mouthed to Izzy 'it's not your fault' ti which the girl smiled greatfully.

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock."

"It's not their fault Clary" Kristina reminded, in a softer voice.

"There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Alec stated in annoyance, earning a glare from Kristina, which he gladly returned. The tension between the pair building up more and more.

"Alec, not now." Jace spoke up, a small frown making it's way on his face as he watched the two glare at each other. Kristina broke the glare, rolling her eyes. She liked Alec but he really needed to stay quiet sometimes.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Adam explained, comforting Clary with a small smile to support his statement.

As the group stopped walking just a little ways away from the big screens, that Kristina had forgotten the name of (she was sure they were just computers, but knowing what shadowhunters are like who knew), she slipped her hand into Clarys and squeezed it reassuringly. The ginger girl smiled lightly up at her friend before going back to her anger.