Chapter 10: Cemetery shenanigans

I made a new banner 🙃 they're so fun to make man

Kristina drove the van again, this time the destination was a graveyard. The tension in the van remained, though it wasn't as suffocating or awkward as last time. Jace had sat at the front with Kristina, directing her and laughing at her outbursts of roderage.

To avoid any more deafening silences she turned the radio on, finding that the music calmed most of the people in the van. Although when full moon by The Black Ghosts started playing, Clary scoffed, commenting about shitty timing for music from a vampire movie. When the shadowhunters looked at Clary with confused looks, Kristina erupted into laughter, promising everyone she'd make them watch the twilight series sometime.

The mood changed when Kristina parked the Van outside the cemetery gates, turning the radio off. Everyone piled out, taking a quick look around.

"Whose grave is it?" Jace questioned, a look of amusement still stuck on his face from Kristina's latest threat at a poor cab driver. Their eyes met, and Kristina looked away quickly with a blush, still embarrassed about it. Plus Jace's face looked so goddamn handsome twisted in amusement.

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died, January 10th, 1878." Isabelle informed, catching the blush on Kristina's cheeks easily, with a smirk.

"What a lovely birthday present" Kristina mumbled, getting a snort from both Jace and Izzy.

"All right, let's go."

Alec entered the cemetery first, pushing last Jace with a sigh. Kristina looked at her feet for a moment, remembering the talk she wanted to have with the Lightwood.

Adam moved just behind Jace, Kristina and Izzy, Clary by his side, looking down to avoid tripping on the sticking out root.

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" Clary questioned, having been informed on the weapons in the van.

Jace smirked towards the two girls beside him, not bothering to look confront of him while walking.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognized demons. Or at least they used to." Adam explained, watching Jace smirk once again when Kristina made an 'ah' noise. It made a lot of sense.

"They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." Alec commented, letting his hatred for mundanes show once again.

"Shadowhunters hate mundanes so much" Kristina whispered to herself, receiving a glare from Alec who had heard her with the ability of his hearing rune. She cursed the rune, looking back at him without a glare.