Chapter 13 - The Plane

National City

Barry felt an emptiness whenever he put on his super-suit. Barry thought it was just because he was now a superhero after such a long time, so he pushed himself to the limits saving people. Barry was always multi-tasking at work between his speed-force construct that was saving people, and his job. After work Barry would stay up all night trying to fill the emptiness in him by trying to save as many lives and stopping as many crimes as he could.

Barry knew the source of his emptiness was coming from somewhere else but kept on denying it. Barry's feeling of emptiness was coming from his team, or lack thereof.

Barry learnt how to code and hack and because of his super-speed, Barry could now hack faster than Felicity Smoak. Barry learnt bio-chemistry and while the new earth he lived on didn't have meta-humans, it had aliens. Barry was able to figure out what powers aliens have with just a strand of hair.

Barry used the guest room in his house to set up a base of operations for his superhero alter-ego, and while the place was no Star Labs, it was still enough for Barry to be a super-hero, especially because he had more speed now than earlier. Barry never had to use his league of assassins training because of his amazing speed, but he knew the day would come when he faced an enemy with abilities similar or even superior to his own.

Unknown Location

"Is the bomb secured onto the plane?" A man shrouded in darkness asked.

"Yes, it has been attached to the engines of the plane, everyone will simply think it was an engine failure." Another man said.

"And what of this new hero? How do you know he won't stop the plane?" The man shrouded in darkness asked, wanting to make sure the plan would occur smoothly. He was obiously employing the other man.

"He has been working overtime for the past few days, by my estimates, he hasn't gotten sleep for at least 96 hours. He will be too exhausted to save this plane."

"And what of Superman? He has saved planes before." The employer asked.

"By my calculations, by the time the news stations get the news live and Superman sees it, he will already be too late to save the plane." The employee assured the employer.

"And the DEO agents? Are they confirmed to be on the flight?" The employer asked.

"Yes, they are on a supposed business trip to Geneva, there will be 7 agents on board." The employee said.

"That Alex Danvers and her team arrested the wrong man's daughter." The employer spat.

National City

Kara was lying down on here couch eating ice-cream, while her sister was getting ready for her flight to Geneva.

"Alex, are you listening to me?" Kara asked.

"Yes, yes, you think you were destined to be something greater, and you want to help people..." Alex's voice trailed off, focused on packing for her flight to Geneva.

"Yeah! I could be like my cousin. But instead I'm an assistant for Cat Grant, and I spend most of my time getting absurd things for her. You know why I became Ms Grant's assistant, Alex? I wanted to become a reporter. I wanted to be able to expose corrupt people, show people the truth, but instead I get Ms Grant latte's and salads with burgers on top." Kara said.

"So what should I do?" Alex asked Kara, getting slightly annoyed.

"I don't know but I can fly Alex. I can fly. Don't you think I should be doing more than just getting coffee's for Ms Grant." Kara said.

"Listen Kara," Alex said, walking up to Kara, "the world already has Superman and that speedy, zippy, lightning man. I really don't think that the world needs another superhero." Alex reasoned.

"Maybe, but -" Kara began, to be cut off by Alex.

"No but's, I need to go to Geneva, I will see you next week. Now don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." Alex said to Kara.

"See you later Alex." Kara said, hugging Alex.

3 hours later Kara was still binge watching her favourite musicals, she had finished 'The Wizard of Oz' and started 'Dancing in the rain' when she heard sirens. Kara quickly turned on the news and saw the headlines.

'Flight 332 headed for Geneva is experiencing engine failure.'

The reporters were saying the lightning man was nowhere to be found, when suddenly the television reporter pressed her earpiece and began talking.

"This just in, the lightning man has been spotted on the ground, but is not able to save the plane, according to our team, he is too tired to save the plane." The reporter said.

The lightning man then tried to spin his arms really really fast to create a blast of wind that could theoretically propel the plane back up into the air. The lightning man wasn't able to move his hands fast enough though, so his plan didn't work.

Kara knew what to do.

Her cousin had saved a plane before.

Kara took off her glasses before she jumped out of her apartment through the window. Kara fell for a few seconds as she tried to remember how to fly, but suddenly the feeling came back to her and Kara was flying.

Kara flew to the site of where the plane was and she saw the lightning man on the ground. The lightning man then muttered something to himself.

"Flying! I did it with Superman!" He said.

Kara was wondering what the lightning man meant when he talked about Superman, but didn't have time to think on it more, as her attention was brought to something else.

Kara then watched in awe as the lightning man began to move his legs in a circular rotation, slowly lifting up into the air with a tornado below him. He then began vibrating and suddenly half his body was inside the plane, and then he materialised inside the plane. Kara ripped off the plane's door and entered the plane.

"You don't seem too fazed by the fact that I can fly." Kara said.

"I've met other Kryptonians," Barry said, "we don't have enough time to stop this plane from crashing into the city, destroying everything in its path, killing thousands."

"Thanks for the pep talk." Kara said.

Barry began vibrating just like he did when he entered the plane. Kara saw his hand pressed against the plane. The plane then began vibrating with Barry but Barry quickly stopped after just seconds.

"I need more time to come up with a plan." Barry said, getting slightly frustrated, knowing his team would normally have a plan within seconds.