Chapter 19 - Livewire

The last few days have been horrible for Team Supergirl. When Kara fought with aliens that were less powerful than her, she would lose.

Without Barry's help, Kara didn't know what to do in the field because James didn't know how to help.

Winn was also an amateur hacker compared to Barry. Winn was not able to hack into the dark web for information like Barry could.

Meanwhile, Lightspeed (Barry's new superhero name) was all over the news. Barry was all over the world handling all crimes easily, while Kara on the other hand was struggling to protect National City.

Kara realised that she needed Barry's help and was not a good superhero without it. She decided to speak to him at CatCo.

Kara knocked on Barry's office door while Barry was typing.

"Come in." Barry said.

"Hi. I need your help." Kara said.

"Does this mean you are going to put the lives of everyone in the city before your so called 'journey'?" Barry asked.

"Yes." Kara said, realising how dumb her whole idea of a journey was.

When Kara said yes, Barry grinned from ear to ear. Barry smiling made Kara's knees weak. Kara realised how much she missed having Barry around while she was Supergirl, and while she was Kara Danvers. 

"I'll meet you at your apartment tonight at 7?" Barry asked.

"Yes, that would be great." Kara replied.

"See you then." Barry said, getting back to writing his article.

At 7, Barry knocked on Kara's apartment door.

"Come in!" Winn shouted.

The door was unlocked and Barry walked into the room. He noticed James was not in the apartment.

"Hey Winn." Barry said, getting no reply. "Winn, where are James and Kar -"

Barry saw the computer screen that Winn was looking at. Barry then sped out of the apartment, leaving a very surprised Winn.

Once Barry (in the lightspeed suit) got to where Kara was lying on the ground, knocked out, he saw a lady dressed in black leather standing over her with blue lightning all over her body.

"Are you a speedster?" Barry asked.

"What? No. I am Livewire. Now Supergirl must die." Livewire said.

Livewire shot a bolt of lightning at Kara, and while the lightning began to leave her hand, Barry began moving in super-speed. Barry picked up Kara and ran her to her apartment. Then, he ran back and stopped moving in super-speed.

"What? Where is Supergirl?" Livewire asked.

"Somewhere safe, now can we please not fight today? Can you just let me arrest you, so we don't have to go through all the property damage, and bruises I may inflict on you?" Barry joked.

Livewire realised she wouldn't win the fight, so she turned into lightning and disappeared into a bystanders phone.

'That's gotta be a new one' Barry muttered to himself, before running back to check on Kara.

At Kara's apartment, Kara began to get up.

"My head hurts." Kara complained.

"Ha. You're lucky to be alive right now." Winn said.

"What? I remember fighting this lady that called herself Livewire, and she shot electricity at me. Then I was on the ground and lightspeed came?" Kara asked.