Chapter 42 - It reached

"You guys want anything?" Kara asked, getting up to order a coffee.

"No I'm fine with my coffee." Barry said, holding up his drink.

"Can I get a lightspeed?" Winn asked.

"And a last daughter for me." Alex said.

"Ok." Kara said.

Recently, Noonans added two new additions to their menu. The lightspeed, which was a hyper-caffeinated coffee, and the last daughter, a strong and sweet coffee.

As Kara walked to the counter to line up for a drink, Alex caught Barry looking at her.

"Interesting." Alex muttered.

"I agree, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Barry has feelings for Kara." Cisco said.

"No no, that seems quite spot on actually." Alex said.

"What's going on?" Barry asked.

"You have feelings for Kara." Alex said.

"Yeah, and?" Barry asked.

"That was easier than I thought it would be." Cisco said.

"She also has feelings for you. Ask her out." Alex said, getting to the point.

"No she doesn't. I trained for years with the league of assassins, I think I would know when someone has feelings for me." Barry said.

"I don't think so. Maybe the league of assassins don't know what they're talking about." Alex said.

"Look at that guy." Barry said, pointing at a man holding hands with a girl. "He's cheating on someone with that girl. Look at how cautious he seems." 

"Or, maybe he's just scared because there are aliens everywhere in this city." Alex said.

As if on cue though, the man got slapped by another woman, and shouted at.

"See?" Barry asked.

"Regardless. You, my Padawan, must ask her out." Cisco said.

"She doesn't have feeling for me. Our friendship is fine as it is." Barry said.

"So your scared that she'll say she doesn't have feelings for you." Alex pointed out.

"I know she'll say no, I'm scared that our friendship will end because of it." Barry said.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Cisco said in a Yoda accent.

"A Jedi shall not know love either." Barry replied.

"How about this. You ask Kara out, and Cisco asks Kamilla at CatCo out." Alex said, remembering what Kara said about Cisco having a crush on Kamilla.

"Fine." Barry said.

"What's going on?" Kara asked, sitting down at the table and giving Winn and Alex their coffees.

"N-nothing." Barry said, glaring at Cisco and Alex.

"So Kara, Barry has something he wants to ask you." Alex said.

"Yeah?" Kara asked, looking at Barry.

"Should we get back to work?" Barry asked.

Alex and Cisco facepalmed in their head. Barry could get into fights with speedster aliens, but couldn't ask Kara out on a date.

"Yeah, let's go." Kara said.

"No wait." Barry said.

"Yeah?" Kara asked.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" Barry asked.

"Yes." Kara quickly replied.

"Great. Meet at my place tonight at 7?" Barry asked.

"Yes! I mean, sure, yeah." Kara said, trying to play it cool.

"Cool." Barry said, unable to hide his smile.

When Barry and Kara left, Cisco and Alex high fived.

"And the ship has reached it's destination." Cisco said.

"Don't forget to ask Kamilla out." Alex said.