7. Iwaoi: I Love You

Word Count: 1563

A/N: This chapter is devoted to how Iwaizumi and Oikawa became a couple. Although it is not necessary to the main plot, I strongly recommend reading it anyways. Iwaoi is the only confirmed couple in this book so far, other than Sakusa x Windex lol.

The next update will be posted before Tuesday, May 26th, 2020.

Oikawa wasn't surprised when he got the call from (l/n). She was rooming with Sakusa Kiyoomi, for goodness sake! And if (l/n) had a type, it definitely included 1) emo looking bitch, 2) sexy hair, and 3) cold as ice BUT also 4) hot as hell.

No wonder her previous crush was Kageyama, before that moo moo milk brat got obsessed with setting for Hinata!

Sakusa was a spiker, but when it came to (l/n)'s ideal type  he received flying colors. It was really only a matter of time before (l/n) abandoned all her morals and succumbed to hoe nation, where Oikawa was practically royalty.

Sadly, the handsome brunette was no longer king of the hoes. That was because of someone named-

"IWA-CHAN!!!" Oikawa screeched from the couch, not bothering to mute the call. "(l/n) needs help seducing Sakusa. This is the moment we've been waiting for!"

Iwaizumi looked up from his chemistry textbook. "Piss off, Shittykawa." He grunted before going back to studying.

"Oi, don't call me that!"

"... Trashykawa."

"Ah, Iwa-chan! How could you call your lover such names?" Oikawa sighed, draping himself over the cushions in distress.

"Hey, you're the kind of trash that a person looks twice at; the garbage that's so clean and unblemished, it could be framed as modern art. You're the kind of trash that makes a person wonder, 'is this recyclable?' even though it's clearly not. And when the time comes to say goodbye, that person will hang on a second longer and sadly watch you fall, because all beauty must deteriorate in the end." Oikawa's jaw dropped, prompting Iwaizumi to smirk. "You're still trash though."

"Why did you start reading poetry?" Oikawa groaned. "Your old insults used to be equivalent to slapping me on the face, but these poetic ones straighten their ties, take a sip of red wine, and then bitch slap me, but it's kind of sexy and I don't know what to feel anymore!"

Iwaizumi turned red. Despite being ridiculously attractive in his own right, Oikawa calling him sexy still sent heat rushing to his cheeks. "You know I love you Tooru." He mumbled, attempting to maintain his typical 'aint taking no shit' attitude, but Oikawa- Tooru, that is, saw right through him.

"I love you, Hajime." Oikawa responded softly, and with a tenderness he reserved exclusively for his boyfriend.

After they lost against Karasuno during the Spring Qualifiers, the Aoba Johsai volleyball team had gone out for ramen to eat one last post-game meal all together. Of course, the third years somehow ended up at the school gym while walking home, so they played volleyball until their dinner threatened to make a reappearance.

It felt natural. Bittersweet, but necessary. Spikes were hit, the sun sunk further into the sky, tears were shed... It felt just like night practices -minus the crying- except it was goodbye.

So when Oikawa and Iwaizumi walked home together that night, the air was crackling with tension. Both of them stayed silent, each wanting to confess what had been on their mind for so long. Ever since they played on the same team during grade school, Oikawa and Iwaizumi had maintained a rare connection. They understood and perfectly complemented the other, despite being so different.