Finding out the truth

"I-- i ...... i need to be alone. I ran upstairs and locked myself in the room and just cried.

The next day i went back home just as planned.

Mom:Rose! Im so glad you are home.

"Thanks mom.." hiding the horror i felt

Dad: its good to see you again dear, especially how you left so angry...... we just wanted the best for you.

In my mind: its been like hell... and you need to give me answers.

John: hey sis! You look like a badass......queen badass too!!

Mom: watch your mouth young man!!

Everyone laughs.

I went and got settled in, but it was like nothing changed. The wall paper was still rosy red with engraved roses. The floor was clean. My bed was made. The pictures of me and josh were still stuck to the wall. The smell of peaches filled the air....my rose was still alive and fresh on my window ledge. But it all seemed dead to me. None of it mattered, i was so lost in confusion that the only thing i wanted, was to find the truth. Witnessing that murder changed everything for me.....the slightest sound of everything scared me!

Someone knocks on the door making me cripple with fear. My hands sweaty and my foot stuck to the ground.

" come in." I mustered up the courage to say.

Josh:hey, you are back! Hugs me
Why are you so jumpy?? Is everything ok?

"Yea it is... im just trying to find some answers.. but im so confused.

Josh: You know you can trust me... please let me help you.

In my mind: can i really trust you? What if you knew about it? But you still are my BFF and u cant do that... so ill tell you.

I told josh about everything that happened in the park......

Josh: WHAT?!!??! Rose are you ok?? No wknder you are so jumpy....we need to tell the police..

"And tell them what? i saw a man being murder, and the next minute he disappears?"

Josh: you need to calm down.... youre shaking!

"Im sorry." Holding my hands down, trying to keep myself together.

Josh: There is something i have to tell you.... well you know summer trip is only two days away and..........

Mom: rose! Get down here sweetie... there is someone here to see you. * she interrupted josh*

"Sweetie? When did THAT happen? I just hope she is not on drugs!" Looking completly baffled by her words.

Josh: humph

"Im sorry, you can continue later. Lets see who is at the door."
I gently hit him on the shoulder and reassured him....he giggles.

We made our way downstairs.....

"JAKE??!!! What are you doing here??!?!!"

He smiled at the side of his mouth.

Josh: you shouldnt be here! I told you stay away! He walked up to jake.

The house got silent and there was soooo much tension... they just stood there staring eacother, like they were gonna murder or something...

John: sooooo are you my sis boyfriend? Raising his brow in question as he walked up and stood next to jake. Finally breaking the silence.

"N.....