52 | blake

I drop my bag to the floor before turning around to face Noah, wondering why I'm nervous

I drop my bag to the floor before turning around to face Noah, wondering why I'm nervous. I know Noah would never try anything on me, and I've always felt comfortable around him—even before we were dating. Yet I'm still nervous to share a bed with him, which seems rather juvenile.

Noah sets his bag down on the ground beside him, looking around. I'll admit that our room is nicer than I'd expected it to be, with white walls, wide spacing, plush carpet, and a desk and leather chair set next to a large bay window across the room. A dresser with a TV is placed opposite the large bed. As in a singular bed. Meant for the two of us.

"I can sleep on the floor, if you want," Noah offers, as if reading my mind.

"You're not going to sleep on the floor," I assure him.

"You sure?" Noah asks. "I mean, I could always sleep in the chair if you're not comfortable with . . ." Noah trails off, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm sure." I offer Noah a playful smile as I add, "You're sleeping in the bed."

"Great." Noah takes a seat on the edge of the bed, looking up at me expectantly. "So you'll take the chair then?"

I roll my eyes at him, loving how easily his sense of humor manages to break through the ice surrounding us. Suddenly, I'm not so worried anymore.

I playfully swat Noah's shoulder as I take a seat on the bed next to him, more at east than I'd been before. I lay back and close my eyes for a second, thinking about all of the events today has held so far.

"What are you thinking about?" Noah pokes my side. "Don't tell me you're going to sleep already."

I open my eyes as a laugh escapes me. "I was just thinking about earlier," I tell him.

Noah nods like my answer satisfies him, shifting to face me on the bed.

"What did you and Mia do?" he asks, striking up conversation.

"We went to the pier, but then we got rained out. We stayed at this coffee shop until the rain settled down. What about you and Thorne? Or do I not want to know?"

Noah rolls his eyes playfully before admitting, "We didn't do much. Looked around the hotel for a little while. Talked some. Pretty uneventful."

"I like your friends," I tell Noah. I mean it, too. Mia and Thorne are so laid-back and easy to talk to. They both share an air of quiet confidence, as if it takes a lot to rattle them. Plus, they're one of the most perfect couples I've ever seen. They have the kind of relationship I've always dreamed of having.

"It's easy to see why you all get along so well," I tell Noah with a smile.

Noah's dark eyes light up as he leans toward me, smirking ruefully. I know I'm in for it the second he opens his mouth to speak.

"I could tell you especially liked Thorne," Noah taunts, "by the way you were blushing when you first met him."

My cheeks flush. Noah is one of the most attractive guys I've ever met, though Thorne Baxter cuts close to the title.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I retort, feigning innocence.

"You're not a good liar," Noah points out.

"Well, I'm here with you, aren't I?" I counter, meeting his gaze as I smile.

"True." He offers me a smile as I sit up and lean toward him, heart pounding in anticipation of his lips on mine.

Noah gently brushes a few unruly strands of hair behind my ear, his lip curling as he whispers, "And I plan to take full advantage of that fact."

He leans forward then, closing the space between us completely. His fingertips get lost in my hair as his hand curls around the back of my neck, his lips meeting mine slowly. I lean into him as I kiss him back, climbing into his lap before I can think better of it. He smirks at me as I straddle him, and I don't think before leaning down to kiss him again.

This kiss is different, it's needier and messier and deeper. My hands have minds of their own as they slide up his chest, clutching the fabric of his shirt to pull him closer to me. I grip his shoulders as I lean into him, as close isn't close enough.

I feel Noah's hands sliding up the sides of my body, gripping my waist as his kisses lower to my neck, lips warm against my skin. I can't help but gasp as his teeth graze my skin, finding pleasure in the brief moment of pain. My back arches as I tilt my head back, Noah's lips connecting with my collarbone.

I pull back slightly only to lean forward once more, placing soft kisses along Noah's jawline. His hands grip the backs of my thighs as I push him down onto the mattress, hovering over him as I continue kissing him, slipping my fingertips beneath the hem of his shirt before gripping the cloth to pull it over his head. Noah's breathing is heavy as I go back to kissing his neck. A shiver of pleasure runs down my spine at the sound of my name escaping his lips.

I lower my kisses to his chest, listening to the sharp intake of Noah's breath as my head moves further down. Reaching his navel, I abruptly sit up and tear away from him, rising from the bed and casually wandering over to my bag as if nothing happened at all.

The conflicted expression Noah wears is priceless, though almost makes me feel guilty. I heard it's good to keep a boy on his toes; to remind a man every once and a while that the woman is always in charge.

I walk over to the bed as Noah gapes up at me with pleading eyes, grabbing his abandoned shirt from the ground as I say, "I'm going to go change."

____

a/n: i want coffee even tho it's like 7 p.m.

m