Chapter One

(they are in their 2nd year at the beginning of this story but become 3rd years after that, it's my story, I set the rules, Kuroo's still the captain, nothing else is affected by his age)

Flashing lights, too loud music, people bumping into you wherever you go, a fuzzy feeling in your head.

That was what Kuroo Tetsuro remembered from last night.

The team thought it was a good idea to throw a party and invite most people from school.

The party would be held on a Friday, and Saturday morning practice would be delayed because be honest, you know those kids will get wasted.

He slowly opened his eyes, the lights in the room looked so bright that he had to close his eyes again.

He felt the place next to him on the mattress sink. Slowly he opened his eyes again.

There sat Kenma on the side of his bed, he must've stayed over.

Kenma smiled weakly and handed Kuroo a glass of water and a painkiller, he's done this already so many times that he doesn't even feel uncomfortable anymore.

Kenma turned around, a bigger smile playing with the corners of his mouth.

He didn't remember, good.

A few parties ago Kenma had noticed that when Kuroo drinks too much, he remembers almost nothing from the night before.

Last night Kenma took advantage of that. Kenma actually can be pretty confident, especially in a drunken state, but last night he was totally sober, pretending to be kinda tipsy.

He's had his fun with his childhood friend.

The pudding head arrived at the kitchen and took a slice of bread, spreading some peanut butter on it.

Would Kuroo notice that he wasn't walking too straight?

Kenma hoped not, he did his best not to do anything suspicious to his body as well, there were only a few small scratches on his back.

Kuroo wouldn't notice those, right.

While thinking about that, said Kuroo walked into the room.

His movement was slow and his eyes were still half-closed.

He also took a slice of bread and put it on a plate, eating it dry.

They sat down across each other on the table, a comfortable silence filled the room.

Kuroo was one of the only people who knew this, but actually Kenma did not play on his DS as much at home.

If Kuroo remembered correctly he likes the company of people he's comfortable with better than playing games and is just shy.

They both finished their plate and made some small talk about volleyball and how Kenma can't seem to beat this level of a game he likes to play.

Kenma didn't want to return home just yet and they decided to go play some volleyball at a park nearby, it actually already hurt just thinking about playing volleyball but still Kenma agreed. "Just act normal, as usual", he thought, the weird feeling of having used Kuroo like that would eventually go away.

As they arrived at the volleyball field, a surprise was waiting for them.

The field was already in use by Fukurodani academy, they were playing a 3 on 3 against each other, something funny Kenma noticed was how Bokuto and Akaashi weren't on the same team.

They must be practicing for next year, since Bokuto wouldn't be there then. It was a sad thing to think about, knowing those two were never far apart even if they wanted to be.

Kuroo stepped forward, catching their attention.

"Hey Hey Heeeeeyyyy, Kuroo, Kenma" Sounded from the court.

Kuroo enthusiastically greeted him back, while Kenma just gave them a curt nod.

They ended up playing 3 against 3 with Kuroo, Kenma, and Akaashi, against Bokuto and a few teammates Kenma didn't know. They weren't regulars for sure.

The rest of the weekend also went by smoothly, Kenma went home that night with a happy feeling.

Monday, morning practice, is where Kenma noticed something, it was too quiet, there was nothing wrong but it just felt like he forgot something very important.

These thoughts are making him sick, literally.

The ball flew through the air, aimed for Kozume to receive. He looked up, hands in the air when he suddenly felt his whole breakfast come up again.

Dropping his hands he quickly sat down, his head between his knees, one hand raised, signaling the others to leave him alone.

But their newest member didn't know that. Lev stood up from the bench, where he watched the whole thing happen and walked over to the bicolor-haired boy.

"What's wrong Kenma-san?" he asked, it was sweet of him for caring, but said 'Kenma-san' wasn't in a state to deal with Lev's kindness.

"Leave me the f*ck alone," he said harshly. This alarmed Kuroo, his friend never talked like that, not even to Lev in his worst mood.

But again, Lev had no idea and kept asking what's wrong.

Kuroo tried to take him away several times, but he was too tall to carry and wasn't willing to move on his own.

It went on for a few minutes until Kenma just yelled something inappropriate at Lev and then ran to the direction of the toilets.

Not much later vomiting sounds were heard, following by a string of curses and then a toilet that flushed.

Kenma didn't feel much better after throwing up, but at least he doesn't have that much food in his stomach anymore.

He walked back inside, and his eyes widened. One part of the team was looking at him in concern, the other half in pure rage.

He f*cked up.

Lev just stood there, eyes wide, not even blinking, just stood there with a terrified look in his eyes.

Oh no, that was way too harsh.

Kenma tried to make his way over to Lev to apologize but was stopped by Yaku. "One more mean thing to him and you're dead," he said, this is very bad.

Kenma nodded and walked over to the tall, silver-haired male. "sorry, I went too far, you were just concerned, I shouldn't have said that," Kenma truly meant it, but Lev didn't look so certain and turned away from him.

Kenma would've apologized again, but that would maybe result in an even worse fight so he just let him be.

Kenma turned around, he wanted to go home.

He tried to step away but his legs wouldn't listen, he tried to move at all but his body just was too tired.

The long-haired male slowly lost vision and there was a thud heard in the gym.

Then, dead silence.