Preperations

Riku POV

The drive home was quiet and less tense than I anticipated.

Shiro and Fifi fell asleep 30 minutes out.

Nathaniel sat across from me stroking Fifis' hair as she snuggled into his lap sound asleep.

"So", he started "What's up? Come on college days time. Are you sure you are okay"?

I do appreciate his concern. I do. But why now? When Shiro could still be somewhat conscious?

"Nate. Tonight is not tonight. If you want, stop by my office at 8 AM tomorrow morning, and I will tell you everything you've been wanting to know all these years". I sounded like I was making a business proposition but that's how it felt. This was something delicate and fragile in more ways than one and one wrong move could be the end.

I can have no mistakes. I'm not one to make mistakes, but having my angel beside me... I can't help but act a tad bit ... different.

After all these years I've built up this shell of sorts. Not around my heart but around my brain. Calculating everything. Being perfect. The one everyone idolizes and strives to be like. Some people may think im cold after one conversation but those who work close around me know I do care. Just sometimes I put work before everything.

Now tomorrow they will all know why.

Although I think I will wait a week or two until I let anyone really meet him. Just until he adjusts to everything. I think I'll distance myself from him as well. As hard as it will be, I will let him roam the house. I feel terrible about this, but I will have to lock all the doors and windows with access to the outside. He is not my prisoner but I need him to understand that before I give him full freedom. As contradicting as it is, I refuse to look at his files without his permission. I will write a note to him asking if I can.

I was so lost in my calculating thoughts that before I knew it we had dropped off Nate and Fifi and made it home ourselves.

I wished Amsel a goodnight and told him to take it easy and cancel all plans for the next two weeks telling him I would work from home and make any appointments homebound.

"But none for the next three days. Please, Nathaniel and Fifi, are the only ones permitted to enter my grounds". I knew I looked tired explaining all this to him. I hope I don't worry him too much and that he knows I'm being serious. I say this because this is the first time ever that I've requested something like this and my actions of today were a bit... Out-Of-Character.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made sure that it was actually me; monitoring me to make sure something was normal.

He closed the door and walked off to his home.

I carried my angel in my arms and walked to one of my guest rooms.

Each of my rooms is color-themed. A childish whim I know, however, It's something Shiro mentioned to me once. How he loved different colored things. Before I knew it, when designing this house, I had designed my home in a way that would be considered mine and Shiro's' home.

When my friends questioned me I played it off as I was just testing everything.

I have never told anyone about Shiro. He was my precious secret. I felt so greedy wanting to monopolize him. I wanted to lock him up and keep him as my secret. That wouldn't make him happy though. I wanted him to be surrounded by love and happiness. I'll just keep him to myself for a bit.

His favorite color was blue. To him, it was the color of freedom. A bit of irony now.

The blue room was 5 rooms away from my own.